Friday, October 1, 2010

30 Days of Truth--Day 01

Alright!!! It's the first of October, and so goes my first day of the 30 Day Truth Challenge. :) Let's do the challenge first and then we can go from there. :) 

Day 01:  Something you hate about yourself.

    I have two for this one. The first is that I have poor self control. Money, fun, food, even working too much. I can't control myself sometimes. I loose myself in the moment, and I over spend, over work or just plain go overboard with things. I've been trying to work on it, but learning self mastery is surprisingly hard. I like to over indulge. I think it comes from having very little to having the ability to have everything I could ever want. I want to experience all I can because I'm afraid that it will all go away.
    The second one is my procrastination. I am a HORRIBLE procrastinator, and if I can put something off, I will. I hate to be tied down to anything--especially a time table. So, I procrastinate. I wish I could learn how to get rid of that too, because it can be REALLY bad...especially when I am taking classes.


---

Well, that wasn't so bad. :) Maybe I can do this!!! :)

So--I moved! It was pretty awesome. My friends all cam to help and we got it done in 5 cars and a truck in 2 hours. I know that it sounds like it was a lot. I do have a TON of books. IDK how I even got so many books. I counted last night and of the 22 boxes that I had, 10 or 11 of those were books. Crazy, huh??? lol.

Something else about moving. My friend--whose house I moved out of--decided that my moving out of her house is equivalent to the facts that:

    1. I hate her.
    2. I cannot be happy that she is getting married.
    3. I didn't like living with her and couldn't wait to get out.
    4. I am ungrateful and didn't even try to talk to her to tell her I was moving.
    5. She deserved a face to face conversation that detailed all my plans for the future.

I never really understood why or how some people can't see past themselves to the bigger picture. I have to admit that I am guilty of this ... A LOT. BUT, I at least know how to treat people with respect and kindness. My reaction--

    1. I do NOT hate her. I am merely frustrated and irritated with her. There is a HUGE difference.
    2. I am EXTREMELY happy that she is getting married. She found a decent guy (I hope), and I hope things work out for them...I really do
    3. I was fine to live there as long as she would have me. However after changing the date that I had to move out to a weekend where I would be out of town, I was forced to move. Also--after being ignored and treated like garbage for two weeks, Yes. I couldn't wait to move out.
    4. I am very grateful that she allowed me into her home to live there. She saved me from a bad situation, and for that I will always feel I owe her that debt of gratitude. I also did try to talk to her, but it is hard to talk to someone who is either always on the phone, or will only talk about her impending nuptials. I get it. You're stoked to get married. Now let's move forward from that and talk about me moving out. Maybe if I had said it that way, I could have gotten a word or two in.
    5. This is the most ridiculous assumption that she has and let me tell you why. First, read #4. Second, when you ignore me, it makes it hard for me to talk to you face to face. Lastly, If you gave me the common courtesy of a face to face conversation, I would have done the same to you. However, since you refused to give me that courtesy--even when you alerted me via text that you changed the date you wanted me to be out of the house (again) AND when after I called to try to negotiate a date after being out of town, texted me that it wouldn't work out--I don't see why I should have to extend that courtesy to you.

Another thing I hate about myself--that I am sometimes overly aggressive. :) lol.

Okay. Really moving on this time. Overall, life is AWESOME! Things are getting better. All I have to do is just see the things I am grateful for all around me. :)

Song for the day. I really like this song, and I think it befitting for the beginning of my truth journey. :)

 
Juke Box Hero
by: Foreigner


Standing in the rain, with his head hung low
Couldn't get a ticket, it was a sold out show
Heard the roar of the crowd, he could picture the scene
Put his ear to the wall, then like a distant scream
He heard one guitar, just blew him away
He saw stars in his eyes, and the very next day

Bought a beat up six string, in a secondhand store
Didn't know how to play it, but he knew for sure
That one guitar, felt good in his hands, didn't take long, to understand
Just one guitar, slung way down low
Was a one way ticket, only one way to go
So he started rockin', ain't never gonna stop
Gotta keep on rockin', someday gonna make it to the top

And be a juke box hero, got stars in his eyes, he's a juke box hero
He took one guitar, juke box hero, stars in his eyes
Juke box hero, (stars in his eyes) He'll come alive tonight

In a town without a name, in a heavy downpour
Thought he passed his own shadow, by the backstage door
Like a trip through the past, to that day in the rain
And that one guitar, made his whole life change
Now he needs to keep on rockin', he just can't stop
Gotta keep on rockin', that boy has got to stay on top

And be a juke box hero, got stars in his eyes
He's a juke box hero, got stars in his eyes
Yeah, juke box hero, stars in his eyes
With that one guitar, (stars in his eyes)
He'll come alive, come alive tonight...Woah

Yeah, he's gotta keep on rockin', just can't stop
Gotta keep on rockin', that boy has got to stay on top

And be a juke box hero, got stars in his eyes
He's a juke box hero, got stars in his eyes
(Just one guitar) juke box hero, (aah aah aaah) got stars in his eyes
He's just a juke box hero, aah aah aaah
Juke box (stars) hero, (stars, stars) juke box hero, (stars, stars)
He's got stars in his eyes, stars in his eyes

1 comment:

Leonani said...

Dude! I'm so sorry for your dramas. We should talk. Idk why I didn't just call you while we were texting. Also, I am totally w/ you on the things you hate about yourself. But not me hating that about you, rather me hating that about myself, too. Even the overly aggressive part. No, seriously. Remember when I told you about what my dad told me during my trip to Hawaii? Yeah, that's why. But no worries, a negative and a negative equals a postive! :) We'll basically complete each other once we're roommates again!