Tuesday, October 19, 2010

30 Days of Truth--Day 19

Day 19:  What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?

Many of you know that I am LDS (aka Mormon). AND since I pretty much covered everything I have to say on politics in this post, I'll talk about religion.

I know that a lot of people don't believe in God or Jesus. I know that a lot of people think religion is a croc...a way for humanity to feel better about their lives. I can't change what people think, but I know what I know.

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the truest form of the Lords church on earth. I know that we are created in God's image. I know that Jesus is the Savior of the world. I know that he died for me. I know that a teenage boy named Joseph Smith restored Jesus Christ's church on earth. I know that same man translated the Book of Mormon and that that book is another testament of Jesus Christ, and the truest book on earth. I know that if I live my life the best I can and do the things that are asked of me, that I can be with my family forever...that death can't break us apart. I know that Thomas Monson is the Lord's prophet on the earth today and that he leads us in the paths of righteousness.



I know that God lives.



I know that He loves me unconditionally.


What do I think about religion??? 
 

Life without religion is like a world without sunlight. :)


---

Today has been pretty awesome. :) I've been having a pretty good day overall. There have been...obstacles today. However, I have decided that if I care about them too much, they'll overcome me, so I'm setting them aside.

Last night was another great night of volleyball. I think that I'm cursed though. I hurt my thumb trying to hit a ball. Some people say that I am too violent when I play volleyball. I'm not violent. I'm loud and I like to hit the ball hard, but that is NOT violent. ;) All my team members know that if I play on their team, I will be yelling at them to hit the ball. lol. Of course it's all in good fun, and no one takes me too seriously.

Today's song was in my head this morning and has stayed with me all day. I think that it was meant to be posted today. :)

Defying Gravity
from the musical Wicked--as performed in the TV series, Glee

Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes: and leap!

It's time to try
Defying gravity
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye
I am defying gravity
And you wont bring me down!

I'm through accepting limits
'cause someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But till I try, I'll never know!
Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love I guess I've lost
Well, if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost!

I'd sooner buy
Defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye
I'm defying gravity
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
And you wont bring me down!

I'd sooner buy
Defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye
I'm defying gravity
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
And never bring me down!
bring me down!
ohh ohhh ohhhh!

1 comment:

Leonani said...

Way to go! I'm not gonna lie. I can't remember if I've heard you bear your testimony. I already know that you know what you know but still. It's nice to hear it. I'm sorry if I haven't bore mine's to you. Anyways, love the post! The song! You!