Sunday, October 24, 2010

30 Days of Truth--Day 24

Day 24:  Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists)
 
I don't really know who I would want to make a playlist for. It may be a combination of tiredness and my brain being dead... but whatever. This is a truth challenge, so I guess I need to be truthful.

I suppose I'll make a playlist for the love of my life. I don't know who he will be, but it's the only thing I can think of at the moment. :S

Caught Up In the Rapture--Anita Baker

This song is on the list because I love Anita Baker...but aside from that. I think that this is a "beginning love" kind of song. So caught up in the moment that you feel like you can achieve anything. :)

The Best of My Love--'Ale'a

This is a great cover of the original Eagles tune. I love this song (and it is on the list) because it talks about the "rough" patches that relationships go through... in the end, all you can do is give the best of yourself and meet in the middle somewhere.

Cloudy--Average White Band

An amazing and truly beautiful song. It talks about feeling like you are losing someone when they are still with you. In the song, the singer asks if there is something they can do, and that that they hope that they don't "drift away." Sort of a sad song, but I think that every relationship goes through the "waxing and waning" of love.

Tell Him--Lauryn Hill

I really love this song. It says, "Tell him I need him/Tell him I love him/ And it'll be alright." and "I know I'm imperfect/and not without sin/ But now that I'm older all childish things end." Basically, Love is being humble and making compromises. Love is worth the fight.

At Last--Etta James

lol. I chose this song because, I truly feel that I have been waiting for a WHILE for the right man to come along. Of course I have no idea who he is... but I know that when it happens, that it will be EPIC. :)

Here With You--Cecilio & Kapono

I have always wanted this song for my wedding song. It seems to fit that it would be the last song that is on the playlist, because after all the drama and craziness, we would have eternity to look forward to. I know that there will still be hard times, but I would hope that we could work out whatever problems there could be. I'm not planning on ever getting divorced, so I hope that 20 years down the road that he still feels about me the way that we felt when we first got together. :)

I guess that's it. They aren't really in order... but whatever. I love these songs, and in my experience, they sort of follow the "life stages" of a relationship. IDK. I could just be super tired and delusional. lol!!!

---


So, this week was pretty crazy. I watched Pirate Radio for the first time. It was pretty hilarious, I'm not going to lie. It is not for the faint of heart... there is vulgarities and awkward moments, but the plot is really good, and it was funny.

Next week is finals. I hope I can keep up with my challenge. :S

Lyrics for today are actually a music video because I couldn't find the lyrics.

Here With You--Cecilio & Kapono

3 comments:

Susi said...

Oh, Pirate Radio...thanks Travis for introducing us to the beauty that is British comedy.

leinani45 said...

Sad day. I just read this post for the first time and the grammar is atrocious. No more late night blogging for me!!!

Leonani said...

Haha! I thought it was okay. :) Atrocious. That's such an interesting word. Anyway, good list! I like it. :) Thanks for appreciating my "Adventures in Babysitting" reference. Hmm... I really need to get that movie. 18 days and counting! I'm so excited!!!