Friday, October 8, 2010

30 Days of Truth--Day 08

Day 08:  Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like crap.

Well, this is not a hard one to answer. There were a group of people (whom I will not mention the names of...because I just don't think I have to) who were horrible to me all through high school and up until college. This group was compromised of some extended family members and their friends. I never quite understood why they hated me so much, but I guess I don't really want to know. The saddest part is that I am only now coming to the conclusion that I don't want or need them in my life, and I have been making a conscious effort to avoid them.

---

Today I am going to Prescott to see my 99 year old great-grandmother, Ione. I am SO stoked about it!!! She is truly an amazing woman, and I love to talk to her about the "old days." She always has the BEST stories... like:

She was about 6 or maybe 8, and her mom was pregnant. Her dad was a rancher in Northern AZ, and there wasn't any doctor or even a neighbor that was closer than 10 miles or so. Her mom taught her how to deliver a baby, just in case she had to do it while her dad was out with the cattle. The day came when her mom went into labor, and her dad came at the last minute (aka when the baby was basically coming out) so that my gg didn't have to finish it off.

Can you imagine having to do that??? It's incredible! She lived a great life, and she is just so interesting!!! :) Anywho. I am completely loving my time here in AZ. It's so nice to be with family. :)

Song for today... a great song, and one that you should probably go get RIGHT NOW!!! ;) lol.

Grandpa (Tell Me 'Bout The Good Old Days)
by: The Judds

Grandpa, tell me 'bout the good old days
Sometimes it feels like this world's gone crazy
And Grandpa, take me back to yesterday
When the line between right and wrong
Didn't seem so hazy

Did lovers really fall in love to stay
And stand beside each other, come what may?
Was a promise really something people kept
Not just something they would say?
Did families really bow their heads to pray
Did daddies really never go away?
Oh, Grandpa, tell me 'bout the good old days

Grandpa, everything is changing fast
We call it progress, but I just don't know
And Grandpa, let's wander back into the past
And paint me the picture of long ago

Did lovers really fall in love to stay
And stand beside each other, come what may?
Was a promise really something people kept
Not just something they would say?
Did families really bow their heads to pray
Did daddies really never go away?
Oh, Grandpa, tell me 'bout the good old days
Oh, Grandpa, tell me 'bout the good old days

1 comment:

Leonani said...

Oh my goodness! I so LOVE LOVE that song! I started to tear up! I used to hear it a lot when I was younger, around the time my Papa Kahumoku passed. My cousin, Kanalu, sang it once when we went Karaoke and I cried. Apparently, to this day I still get emotional. Although, I never knew it was the Judds that sang it. I am SO getting that one! Thanks! Tell GG and Grandma hi, again, for me!