Thursday, October 7, 2010

30 Days of Truth--Day 07

Day 07:  Someone who has made your life worth living for.

Despite the risk of getting extremely emotional and crying my eyes out, I will answer this as honestly as possible without disclosing too much. My nieces and nephews make my life worth living for. It all started with the oldest--Keala. I was in a bad place in my life, and he was born prematurely. Seeing him struggle to live, and being able to hold his tiny little hands changed me in a way that I can't fully describe or comprehend. (Great...now I'm crying...lol.) His strength and will to live made me want to be better than I was. It made me want to change the world so that he could be safe and happy. That feeling has only grown with each successive child that my brothers have. Keala, Kawika, Lilia, Peter, and Nani are my inspiration to make a difference. They are my guiding light in this world. I owe everything to them. They inspired me to change my life when I was in my darkest hour. I love them more than words can say, and I will never forget their love for me.

---


:) That felt really good. :)


You Bring Me Joy
by: Anita Baker

You bring me joy when I'm down oh, so much joy
When I lose my way your love comes smiling on me
I saw your face and them I knew we would be friends
I was so afraid but your arms, they'd say, "Come to me"

So I'd say to you, "Can we talk for a while?"
You'd say, "Alright" when you love me, I smile
I feel you hands and you feel mine
You bring me joy

You bring me joy, don't go too far away
If I can't see your face, I will remember that smile
But can this be right or when should we be friends?
I get lonely sometimes and I'm mixed up again
'Cause you're the finest thing I've seen in all my life
You bring me joy

My joy, my joy
I believe this is gonna be what you want it to be
I just love you, I just love you, can't you see?
I'll show my finest thing, I've seen in all my life
You bring me joy

My joy, you're my joy
My joy, my, my joy

Thank you, baby, thank you, baby
I just love you, baby, I just love you, baby, I just love you
When I lose my way, your love comes smiling on me

No comments: