Wednesday, October 6, 2010

30 Days of Truth--Day 06

Day 06: Something you hope you never have to do

I never want to have to choose between someone I care about and my family. When I love someone, even if they can't get a long with my family, I expect them to put on a brave face and be there with me when I go to see them. My family is awesome, and I like to think that anyone can get along with them. However, after seeing my aunty get married to an abusive guy and never be able to spend time with us, I have sworn to myself that it would never be me.  Both parties are a part of me. I could never and would never choose.

---

SO!!! I've been in Arizona for the last day and a half. I love coming down here to spend time with my grandma. She is so funny and smart. She is also one of my best friends. I talk to her about everything, and she listens to me and gives me advice. She is so amazingly wonderful!!! She's funny and kind, and always wanting to make you feel comfortable and happy. She also reads as much as if not more than I do and she does genealogy constantly. She is a part of the woman I would like to become.

I'm keeping it short today. I have a lot to do and only a short amount of time to do it, so I'll just leave you with today's lyrics. One of my all time favorite oldies but goodies. :) Ella is so beautiful and sings like an angel. :)

Misty
by: Ella Fitzgerald

Look at me
I’m as helpless as a kitten up a tree;
And I feel like I’m clingin’ to a cloud,
I can’ t understand
I get misty
Just holding your hand.

Walk my way,
And a thousand violins begin to play,
Or it might be the sound of your hello,
That music I hear,
I get misty
The moment you’re near.

Can’t you see that you’re leading me on?
And it’s just what I want you to do,
Don’t you notice how hopelessly I’m lost
That’s why I’m following you.

On my own,
When I wander through this wonderland alone,
Never knowing my right foot from my left
My hat from my glove
I’m too misty
And too much in love.
Too misty,
And too much
In love.

1 comment:

Susi said...

Great song! Try the version by Dorothy Moore...