Sunday, October 3, 2010

30 Days of Truth--Day 03

Day 03:  Something you have to forgive yourself for.


This is a hard one too. I think that I need to forgive myself for making life altering mistakes. I don't regret a lot of my life--but what I do regret is holding me back from happiness. I need to forgive myself for being human. For making mistakes. Maybe they were stupid, but I need to realize that no one is perfect and the mistakes I have made maybe have changed my life for the better. Who knows. Maybe I will be a better person on the other side of things.


I also need to forgive myself for giving up on myself. I had an opportunity a while back to do something truly amazing, but I chose instead to turn away and basically give up on myself. I know now that I could have accomplished a lot, but I chose to give up. I think it was due to what was going on in my life at the time, but at the same time, I wish I had made a different choice...but the time is past now. Maybe I'll consider things again in the future...who knows.


---


I had a dream last night that my cousin Leo called my ex and told him that she had to stop being his friend because it was hurting me too much. That isn't that bad, but she said it in front of his wife! That, and a couple of other revelations (in my dreamland) made it so that she was going to leave him. I really surprised my non-dream self because I went to her (even though in real life, she hates my guts) and convinced her to take him back. I remember telling her that even though we had shared something great, that he CHOSE her. The awesomest thing is that I totally meant it. 

I am completely done. 

t's like a cloud has been lifted. I'm done. lol. It feels AWESOME! :)

This weekend had been super awesome. :) My move went awesome and I have been crashing at my good friend/sister by choice -- Susi's house. It has been fun, but I like to have my own space and whatnot, so I'll be glad to be able to FINALLY move in. :) I am also taking a trip to Arizona to have a welcome home fest for my Uncle Aaron. :) He has been in Iraq for basically the last 20 years, and he is finally permanently state-side. :) It's gonna be AWESOME! :)


Well, take care all. Lyrics for today are AWESOME! :)


One Drop
by: Bob Marley

Oo-oo-ooh, yea-ah. Wo-yoy! Wo-yoy! Wo-yoy! Wo-yoy-yoy-yoy!
Feel it in the one drop;
And we'll still find time to rap;
We're makin' the one stop,
The generation gap;
Now feel this drumbeat
As it beats within,
Playin' a riddim,
Resisting against the system, ooh-wee!

I know Jah's never let us down;
Pull your rights from wrong
(I know Jah would never let us down)
Oh, no! Oh, no! Oh, no!
They made their world so hard (so hard):
Every day we got to keep on fighting (fighting);
They made their world so hard (so hard):
Every day the people are dyin' (dying), yeah!
(It dread, dread) For hunger (dread, dread) and starvation
(dread, dread, dread, dread),
Lamentation (dread dread),
But read it in Revelation (dread, dread, dread, dread):
You'll find your redemption
And then you give us the teachings of His Majesty,
For we no want no devil philosophy;
A you fe give us the teachings of His Majesty,
A we no want no devil philosophy:

Feel it in the one drop;
And we still find time to rap;
We're making the one stop,
And we filling the gap:
So feel this drumbeat
As it beats within
Playing a riddim, uh!
Fighting against ism and skism,

Singing: I know Jah's never let us down;
Pull your rights from wrong:
I know Jah's never let us down.
Oh, no! Oh, no! Oh, no!
They made their world so hard
Every day (we got to keep on fighting), every day;
They made their world so hard
Every day (the people are dying), eh!
(dread, dread, it dread, dread) Oh, whoa! Make dem a-go on so:
(dread, dread, it dread on dread) Ah, whoa!
(dread, dread) I'll walk (it dread, dread)
Ah, whoa! Frighten dem, ah whoa!
(dread, dread) Ah, whoa! Frighten dem, eh!
Give us the teachings of His Majesty - with a stick-up!
We no want no devil philosophy. Can you hear?
Give us the teachings of His Majesty,
For we no want no devil philosophy.

We feel it in the one drop; you're lucky!
For we still got time to rap,
And we're making the one stop
Let me tell ya: this generation gap.
So feel this drumbeat;
I tell you what: it's beating within
Feel you heart playing a riddim - /fadeout/

2 comments:

Susi said...

Come on...staying in the Bat Cave is awesome! And, doesn't it feel good to go to bed at a decent time?!

leinani45 said...

lol. I didn't say that staying in the bat cave WASN'T awesome. I just like having my own space too. :) PS--Thank you for letting me stay at your house. :)