Wednesday, September 29, 2010

One more

One more post until October--when I start the 30 Days of Truth.

I'm not gonna lie. I'm pretty stoked about it! :) It'll be EPIC! lol

So, something just happened to me, and even though I am supposed to be heading home to go to sleep at a decent hour, I decided that I wanted to blog first.

I recently transferred my iTunes to an external hard drive. The move was necessary to stop my comp from freezing up every 5 mins, but I lost my playlists and purchased list. :( It wouldn't be so bad, but I have a very specific group of songs that I listen to when I work or do homework. Oh well. That's just a part of life I guess. :)

Anywho. The thing that prompted this blog. About 2 years ago, I recorded a CD. It was done in my friend Susi's friend's house, and I was sick. Anyway. Needless to say it wan't the best thing that I had ever done, but I loved it, and the plan was to burn copies of the CD and send it to people for Christmas. I was super excited about it, but apparently it was crap because most of the people i sent it to didn't like it. Not only did they not like it, but they told me how bad it was.

I know that it wasn't the best thing in the world, but it was a gesture of love. I just wish that it was received as such. Anyway. Fast forward to today. Well, tonight.

One of my songs came up on my shuffle. I haven't listened to my own CD in almost 2 years. It made me cry. I don't know exactly why... well, I sort of do, but I don't want to admit it yet. Anyway, I just thought it was sad that I can't listen to myself sing on my own CD.

It frustrates people sometimes that I won't listen to my own CD or that I don't like to sing for people. I think it's because I feel like I'm not good enough. I don't want people to get tired of me. I think that is a requirement of my future husband. I want him to love my voice. Well, love me and like my voice...A LOT. :)

That is all.

5 comments:

Leonani said...

Whatever! I totally was NOT one of those who said they didn't like your CD! I loved and still love it, thank you! I also gave my CD to my dad. He thought it was awesome. I have all your songs on my itunes and one of your songs come up almost daily. Since I basically only listen to my songs on shuffle. Sometimes I skip it because I get sad on how I suck at singing compared to you. Other times I get excited for YOUR songs so I can try to sing w/ you. Just sayin! :) Just love your singing voice and bless the world w/ your talent! P.S. I can't believe it's been two years since you made that CD!

leinani45 said...

I know. It feels like I just made it! lol. Well, I just thought it was weird that I was crying at my own song. Sort of messed up, but it's all good. :)

Unknown said...

*cough cough* I didn't get one to say how AMAZING your voice is! I am so jealous of your voice and always have been! You're awesome! Just sayin'

I don't think a lot of people like to hear themselves sing. I don't like hearing myself sing...but that's because I can't sing w/o help from someone who knows what to do so I can follow.

ANYWAY. I'm gonna try to do the truth thing too. :P all because of you!

Susi said...

Umm...as your manager, would I continue to promote you if I didn't absolutely LOVE the sound of your singing voice? :)

leinani45 said...

lol. You have a point, but I am still self conscious around other people when I sing.