Wednesday, October 13, 2010

30 Days of Truth--12 & 13

So, I have been SUPER busy at work. My computer has been acting up. After running every scan I know of, I think it's finally okay. So--here it goes. Sorry I missed yesterday!
---

Day 12:  Something you never get compliments on.

There are a lot of things that I don't get compliments on. However, something I never get compliments on that I would like to get a compliment on are my eyes. :) I think that I have really nice eyes, but I rarely get complimented on them. Also, I don't get compliments on my graphic design that often. Maybe people just don't know that I design stuff... or maybe it isn't that good, but I would like to get more compliments on those things eventually. Maybe I get them, but I don't pay attention. That could be a part of it too! ;) lol.

Day 13:  A band or artist that has gotten you through some really tough days.


Hmm. This is tough because I LOVE music. Almost more than life. AND so, I listen to a lot of different stuff. However, I think that one of the groups that has affected me deeply is a Hawaiian group called Malino. They are AMAZING. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE their songs. They are a Hawaiian/reggae group, and they are awesome. I love Switchback. They have a lot of songs that have helped me. There are so many more... The Cure, Amy Hanaialii-Gilliom, The Eagles, Earth Wind and Fire, Boyz II Men, Nat King Cole, and so many more!!!  Gosh. I love music.


---

I've been reading a book called the 12 Pillars of Success by Jim Rohn. It is a FANTASTIC motivational book by one of my favorite people--Jim Rohn. He is an amazing motivator, and a great teacher. I have been learning a lot about how to draw success to myself,and it starts with personal change.

I know that as I tell you the next part, that you are probably thinking..."she has said this before. When it will actually happen???" lol. Well, change is coming. lol. Finally. I think that I have been holding on to the past for so long that I was scared as to what might happen to me if I let it go. Well, NO WORRIES! I am getting geared up to change things up a bit. Life is only as awesome as you make it, and I plan on making it AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!

On another note--it is October. The month of...Halloween! I have to admit that I haven't ever really been that big into Halloween. I just haven't ever really seen the draw. You dress up in costumes, scare yourself (and others) and get candy. Isn't it easier to just buy the candy you want and hang out??? lol. I totally sound like a hermit right there.

Moving along... This year I think I'm getting more into it. I think it has a lot to do with friends of mine that are WAY into Halloween. It makes me want to participate for the sheer fun of hanging out with those people. We'll see how it goes. I think I may fulfill my life-long dream of being a pumpkin this year. lol. I have always wanted to be a pumpkin for Halloween, and maybe I will actually do it this year! :)

Anywho--song for the day. From my favorite band, Malino. It's a great song. Enjoy it, and this link to a YouTube video of it. :) Not the original video, but a beautiful rendition. :)

Second Chance
by: Malino

Since you been gone
I feel my life slipping away
I look to the sky, but everything Is turning gray
All I've made was one mistake
How much more will I have to pay?
Why can't you think it over?
Why can't you forget about the past?

'Cause love makes a sound baby
Our heart needs a second chance
Don't put me down baby
Can't you see I love you?
Since you've been gone, I've been in a trance
This heart needs a second chance
Don't say it's over, I just can't say goodbye

So this is love
I'm standing In the pouring rain
I fooled on you, but she never meant a thing
And I know I ain't got no right
To ask you to sympathize
Why can't you think it over?
Why can't you forget the past?

'Cause love makes a sound baby
Our heart needs a second chance
Don't put me down baby
Can't you see I love you?
Since you've been gone, I've been in a trance
This heart needs a second chance
Don't say it's over, I just can't say goodbye

My heart needs a second chance
Don't put me down baby
My heart needs a second chance
My heart needs a second chance
Don't say goodbye, don't ever, ever say goodbye
My heart needs a second chance...

1 comment:

Leonani said...

First off... I never knew it was Malino that sang that song. I'm not sure how I didn't but I didn't. Second, I think you should tell Andrew that he should be a unicorn for halloween! Hahaahaaa! Love it. By the way, you have mad graphic art skills! But I've told you this before. Oh, and your eyes are ah-MAZE-zah-zing!