Monday, October 18, 2010

30 Days of Truth--Day 18

Day 18:  Your views on gay marriage.

Wow. This has potential to be a post that loses readers for me. However, I can't LIE in my own Truth Challenge, so here it goes.

I am split on the topic of gay marriage. On one side, I think--why not??? It's not that big of a deal. If people want a piece of paper that says they're married... whatever.

BUT on the other side of things--I think that homosexuality is wrong. I don't really understand "same-sex" attraction. Personally, I think it's gross. So, that side of me says--no freaking way. That is disgusting...

However, I am too tolerant to take it further than that thought. I am a big believer in the fact that people will pay the consequences of their actions--positive or negative. I am not responsible for other people's decisions, and I won't ever force someone to believe what I believe.

Yes. I believe that homosexuality is WRONG. However, persecution is also wrong. We are all in this together, but I don't want other people to judge me for my beliefs. What right do I have to judge others? Christ said, "Love one another as I have loved you." I love people as a whole, and I try not to judge them.

My hope is that people won't judge me and that they will allow me to believe in what I see as truth. I don't support gay marriage. I do support tolerance and love.

---

Today is going alright. I'm tired, I have a headache, and I'm cold. However, I get to work today, and that is always a good thing. I like to be busy. It helps to relax me. lol. I know that sounds funny, but it really does. I like to have something to do. :)

The song for today is a GREAT one. I hope you like it!!!

 I listen to it when I need a perk for my day! :)

Just Like Heaven
by: The Cure

"Show me, show me, show me how you do that trick
The one that makes me scream" she said
"The one that makes me laugh" she said
And threw her arms around my neck
"Show me how you do it
And I promise you I promise that
I'll run away with you
I'll run away with you"

Spinning on that dizzy edge
I kissed her face I kissed her neck
And dreamed of all the different ways I had
To make her glow
"Why are you so far away?" she said
"Oh, won't you ever know that I'm in love with you
That I'm in love with you"

You
Soft and only
You
Lost and lonely
You
Strange as angels
Dancing in the deepest oceans
Twisting in the water
You're just like a dream

Daylight licked me into shape
I must have been asleep for days
And moving lips to breathe her name
I opened up my eyes
And found myself alone alone
Alone above a raging sea
That stole the only girl I loved
And drowned her deep inside of me

You
Soft and only
You
Lost and lonely
You
Just like heaven

3 comments:

Gawdun said...

Karyn, I love you and I LOVE what you said in this post!!! Best post that I read in my RSS feed all day. Give em paper or not, such a stupid debate.

I understand religious standings on this issue but at the same time I also fully believe that people don't just wake up one day and decided, "Oh hey I want to be made fun of and ridiculed, yeah I think this is the day I decide to be gay." Who would want to do such things? We all came to this earth with trials, and I believe this is one of them.

However I also know and believe that if the homosexual crowd wants right and freedoms then why do a select few of them condemn like they say religious groups do.

I attended a gay marriage reception once and while it seemed more like a political march and made me feel uncomfortable I also know a few gays who are respectful of others and I think they should have the right.

Um Karyn I think you and I will be hated equally. Let's both be presidents of the island we will be banished to :-)

leinani45 said...

It's a touchy subject, and I typically just keep my opinions to myself, but I know what I know. Homosexuality is wrong, but people are still people. We should love everyone equally. The Lord doesn't love me any less because of my sins. He may be disappointed by my decisions, but he never stops loving me. I think we should reflect that kind of love for every kind of person.

.kai. said...

you said it right!