Thursday, February 21, 2013

Teachers and Unicorns

Aloha!

Today has been a LONG day, and I am currently supposed to be writing a paper, but I have writers block, so I figured blogging would help. We'll see I guess. :)  

Day 6 - Favorite Professor

This is a hard question because as I have never been to any wizarding school (shocking, I know), I want to learn EVERYTHING!

If I have to choose just one, I would say my favorite professor was Remus Lupin. I am a kinetic learner--meaning I learn by doing. I found his teaching methods to be highly effective. And, let's be honest--the students at Hogwarts never learned as much in one year in Defense Against the Dark Arts as when Remus was professor. (This is of course not counting when Harry taught them, as he was not an official professor, but more of a club president. Along this note, was anyone else disappointed when Harry became an Auror instead of a teacher? I just always thought he would be better suited in a teaching role. He did so well!)

Learning has always been a passion of mine, but can you imagine learning magic? Like actual magic, and it isn't like satanism or whatever weird stuff there is out there. I just think a world with magic would be so awesome. Of course the responsibility of it all would bring the other side of things.

I have always said that there cannot be light without darkness. You couldn't have a world with incredible and fantastic magic without having incredible darkness as well. I don't think that there is another lesson in Harry Potter that I learned as well as along with that incredible power is also responsibility, and when that responsibility is misused, horrible things can happen.

We can see evidence of the misuse of power anytime the news is on. I actually try to avoid news because it makes me so sad, but like Martin Luther King Jr. said, "nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." I guess I better choose something other than ignorance. Haha.

Anyway, I am really starting to worry about my talk on Sunday. I can't say that I have really started writing anything, but I think about it almost every hour. Haha. I'll start on it tomorrow, it's late.

Well dears, that is all for now. I will leave you with this. It is one of my favorite lullabies.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your choice of favorite professor! I agree! I did pick someone else though but that is if I remember correctly. I still have A LOT of catching up to do! haha!!

and yes, magic would be freaking awesome!

how did your talk go?

leinani45 said...

It went well...or as well as can be expected. ;)