Friday, February 8, 2013

Knock You Down

Woo Hoo!

I'm posting more than once in a week! Aren't you so proud of me??? Anyway--here is the HP Challenge:


Day 4 - Favorite Villain

Favorite villain, huh? Well, I have a few, but I'll do what I did last time and pick one from the books and one from the movie.

From the books, my favorite villain is Rita Skeeter. I completely hated her in the book. I was so indignant at how she portrayed Harry, and was outraged at how heartless she was! I know that she was not the most evil of the villains in the book, but just the fact that she was lying to the public and they believed her mad em so upset while reading the books. She got hers though.

In the movies, my favorite villain is Snape for sure. Aside from the amazing story that surrounds the character (is he REALLY a villain???), I LOVED Alan Rickman in the role. He did an amazing job of portraying Snape. I loved to hate him! Haha!

Villains in Harry Potter are almost as important as the heroes in the story. Harry would not have grown to be the man he was at the end if it weren't for the Dursley's, Snape, Rita, Voldemort, Wormtail, Greyback, Bellatrix, and everyone else. Those people helped to shape the world that Harry became the hero of just as much as the good guys.

It's the same with our lives. Would I have been happier without some of the villains in my life? Yes. Would I be the person I am today without them? No. I may have become more than I am, but I am happy with where I am in life and what I have accomplished.

I was bullied a lot in high school by a group of people that I considered my closest friends. I won't lie by telling you that I am completely over it, but I do know that I went my own way and have found success on my own terms.

When you are different or special, people can get jealous or angry because you are outshining them. People often will try to knock you down or take what is special about you away. It's hard to stand up to that...especially when you can't see the world past the hate surrounding you. However, I would encourage you to see the world for the beauty that is there. You are special. You are wonderful. Don't let anyone take that away from you. You don't have to be the same as the people around you to find happiness. You can rise above it all and find real joy. Shine the way you are. Things get better. :)

Well, that's it for today. I really hope that you have a fantastic weekend. I was on YouTube the other day and found something that will make some of you smile... :) It is AMAZING!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, you write so much better than I do and I love your analysis's...analyseses (whatever the plural for analysis is) of the prompt. You are awesome and keep it up! I will try to be cool like you and analyze more instead of just write.
:P
and you are AWESOME!!

leinani45 said...

Thnaks Carol! :) There is just SO much in the series that is applicable to LIFE, you know??? :)