Tuesday, February 5, 2013

On and on

It's a Tuesday, and a post by my good friend Carol reminded me that I needed to blog today. Here is the HP Challenge--

Day 3 - Favorite Character

These are pretty tough! Haha!!! I love everyone in the book. They were written so well...but if I had to choose a character in the book (no movie influence) that is my favorite, it would probably be Hermione. She is the most loyal friend to Harry, and she is amazingly smart and clever. I'm actually surprised that she is in Gryffindor House because she fits the profile of Ravenclaw much better. However, I guess if she was in Ravenclaw that she wouldn't have been able to be a part of Harry's crazy world. You have to wonder if the reason she was sorted into Gryffindor is due to the fact that her, Ron, and Harry's destinies were intertwined. Wouldn't that be cool if the sorting hat knew what would happen and placed Hermione, Ron, and Harry together intentionally, so they could save the planet from Voldemort? It is an interesting thought...

With movie influence, I would say that my favorite is Neville (aka Matt Lewis). Aside from the fact that he came out of the movies the best looking of all of those guys--he was freaking amazing in the movies. It takes a skilled actor to make you think he is a loser, and then flip it on you and become a stud. Seriously. I thought for sure that he was super lame, and that he could/would be replaced later in the movie series...boy was I wrong!!! Haha! He is freaking beautiful!

I also LOVED the first Dumbledore in the movies. He was so loveable and a sweet old man. When they changed directors, I always had the feeling that there was a darkness surrounding Dumbledore's character. Adversely, in the books (even as a darkness actually DID start surrounding Dumbledore), I always felt he was a beacon of light, hope, and positivity. It is interesting how that came across to me--as I am sure many people have completely different opinions.

Anyway, things are pretty cool here.I work, go home and do school...Not really a lot to report. Oh, actually--I do have something! A couple friends and I became screeners for a locally run documentary film festival (www.docutah.com). We are starting tonight, so I'm pretty excited!

Thanks for reading and tolerating my obsession for the Harry Potter series. As a reward, I leave you with this:


3 comments:

Unknown said...

pretty cool about the screener gig! Sweet!

I love Hermione and yes, very interesting thought! I wish I was actually discussing them with you face to face!

I feel like the movies were too short! There wasn't much character development for a lot of the movies that some people may not get if they haven't read the books before. Just throwing that out there.

leinani45 said...

Hehe! Come on up!!! I have a place for you to kick it!!! ;) Yeah, at first I was disappointed in the movies, but once I decided that they were similar stories, but not exactly the same story and that I should judge them separately, it made things easier. ;

Unknown said...

Maybe when it's warmer! I ain't hanging out in Utah winter, maybe in the blazing hot summer one day!

In the 8th movie, I felt like they could have done a little more to explain Ariana but that's just me since I liked learning more about Dumbledore and his background. Even though I totally know it's not essential to the plot at all. AND I just remembered, I liked the secret radio station bit too.