Monday, November 1, 2010

Who??

Aloha all!!!

So, finals are over and we can all breathe a collective sigh of relief...

>>SIGH<<

Doesn't that feel better?

I, like many of the people that did the 30 Days of Truth Challenge feel somewhat of a hole in my life now that I don't have a "directed" blog every day. However, I have decided that I will post my musings once every couple of days. I'm assuming of course that I will be mused in some way shape or form. ;)

Today I want to talk about what is on everyone's mind. The British.

What's up with them??? I mean, I'm all for bad teeth and for bloody being a bad word, but really?? What is at their core??? What is the social psyche that drives this noble people forward???

I recently watched a movie called Pirate Radio... and shortly thereafter read the Amazon sample text of a book on the subject. Apparently they like to talk about the weather as a precursor to figuring out if you would be willing to carry on a conversation with them. Good times!

However, as I was driving home today, I was musing about something else entirely. What is with the British and their fetish for combining words??? Have you ever noticed that they do that??? I came up with a list (that is in no way comprehensive) of words that the British came up with that are compromised of two or more words. They are:

Hereafter
Thereafter
Nevertheless
Hitherto
Moreover
Forthwith
Aforementioned
Posthaste

etc.

Isn't that weird? And AWESOME???!!! I am a FAN of these words and all the others that I didn't put in this list. I say we all use these words daily and bring them back! :)

Song for the day. A little ditty from the British Invasion. No, not the one that Paul Revere announced. ;) The one from the 80s. :)

I Can't Explain
by: The Who

Got a feeling inside (Can't explain)
It's a certain kind (Can't explain)
I feel hot and cold (Can't explain)
Yeah, down in my soul, yeah (Can't explain)

I said ... (Can't explain)
I'm feeling good now, yeah, but (Can't explain)

Dizzy in the head and I'm feeling blue
The things you've said, well, maybe they're true
I'm gettin' funny dreams again and again
I know what it means, but …

Can't explain
I think it's love
Try to say it to you
When I feel blue

But I can't explain (Can't explain)
Yeah, hear what I'm saying, girl (Can't explain)

Dizzy in the head and I'm feeling bad
The things you've said have got me real mad
I'm gettin' funny dreams again and again
I know what it means but

Can't explain
I think it's love
Try to say it to you
When I feel blue

But I can't explain (Can't explain)
Forgive me one more time, now (Can't explain)

(INSTRUMENTAL INTERLUDE)

I said I can't explain, yeah
You drive me out of my mind
Yeah, I'm the worrying kind, babe
I said I can't explain

1 comment:

Leonani said...

I like aforementioned. I was thinking about that word the other day and Idk why. All of those words are so cool! I'm English. Does that count? :)