Friday, November 5, 2010

GRRRRRRREAT!!

How are things???

They're GRRRRRRREAT!!! ;)

Thanks Tony the Tiger for making it possible for everyone to know how I feel today! :)

I am a big believer in things working out as they are supposed to. I really and truly believe that the people, place and circumstances we encounter in this life are for our benefit and are for us to learn and grow.

I was watching some old Lauryn Hill music videos. Lauryn Hill is... for lack of a better word--amazing. her voice is REAL. I have yet to hear an artist today that is up to her caliber of soul, artistic creativity, and just overall quality. Love, love, LOVE her voice and talent. She started out rough...basically being booed off stage at "Amateur Night" at the Apollo. She was only 13, but pushed through and became a musical icon.

I wish I had that kind of courage and class. I am always so worried about people accepting me for who I am. She knew who she was from the beginning...and she wasn't scared of showing people that she still had and still has more to learn.

For today, I have a music video instead of lyrics. I hope you all watch it and feel the raw beauty of why I love Lauryn Hill. :)

Video

1 comment:

Leonani said...

Great song! I've never heard it before. But I've always loved Lauryn Hill. I miss her. I haven't heard anything from her lately. I remember when Sean used to always belt out "Zion." Good times!