Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Politics & more...

Hey everyone!!!

How have you all been???

Well... let me start with the fact that I'm a little disappointed in women in general. Why can't we see what we're WORTH??? Life is too short to second guess yourself. YOU are a SPECIAL, BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL person and YOU DESERVE THE BEST in life. I don't care who you are... you do. NEVER let anyone tell you differently.

This world seems to be here to tell us we aren't good enough. You're not pretty enough. You aren't rich enough. It IS NOT true! You are unique. You have a purpose! You are beautiful!

Whatever you do, DON'T LISTEN TO THE WORLD. It will never be enough if you give in to the media and social pressures. It will never stop unless you CHOOSE to make it stop. You can be your OWN person. Take back your life and LIVE it for yourself! Live it for your family! Don't let anyone tell you how to live your life. Live it the best way you can. Don't listen to people or the judgments they have for you. It doesn't matter what they think. Just do your best. That’s all anyone can ask of you or that you can ask of yourself.

Why can't women get along??? Why do we constantly have to backstab each other and be conniving? Why can’t we lift each other up and come together with mutual respect for each other? Aren’t you tired of constantly trying to ‘one up’ the other? Isn’t it time to just LOVE one another??? You don’t have to bring the people around you down. LIFT THEM UP!!! Have respect for who they are and what they’ve achieved!

Everyone in the world is dealt a different hand. We all have different trials to go through… different circumstances. We should be able to go to each other for help and support without the worry that it will be rubbed in our face.

I’m so tired of fighting against the current. If I want to date a guy, don’t try to steal him away. If I try to become successful, don’t sabotage me.

Okay… vent over.

I work at the Chamber of Commerce here, and we have a luncheon each Wednesday. Today, we had a political forum for candidates running for office this year. I was amazed at the ‘mudslinging’ that occurred. That’s something I truly detest about politics. If you want my vote, don’t tell me how bad the other guy is. Tell me how awesome you are and why I should vote for you.

Eh… I’m so done with all the politics in the air. I feel like it’s suffocating me.

I’m outtie…

3 comments:

Unknown said...

seriously!!

Luke and Erin said...

No kidding!
I am sorry if you have had any recent events to spur such thoughts.

leinani45 said...

i know, right???
its just a part of life i guess!