Friday, October 31, 2008

Book Tags...

Well, I've chosen to be tagged by my friend Latu... This tag looked so awesome, I had to do it...

Rules: Get the book that's on your nightstand (or whatever you happen to be reading).Open it to page 56 and find the 5th sentence. Post the next couple of sentences on your blog, along with these instructions. Do not go and find your favorite book; it has to be the one you are reading now! Tag five other people to do the same.


The Book:

I am currently re-reading Sabriel by Garth Nix. SUCH A GREAT BOOK... Seriously. I recently lent the series to my roommate, and it inspired me to read them again. I've never read books quite like Mr. Nix's Abhorsen Trilogy. It does deal with death... (read the quote below) however, I feel like I've been around death a lot in my life, and stuff like that doesn't bother me as much as it used to. It's not morbid or gross by any means, but just SUPER interesting and well written.

~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

The Quote:

"I have a daughter almost your age," he said quietly. "Back in Corvere, with my wife. I would not let her cross into the Old Kingdom."
Sabriel met his gaze, and her eyes were not the uncertain, flickering beacons of adolescence.
"I am only eighteen years old on the outside," she said, touching her palm against her breast with an almost wistful motion. "But I first walked in Death when I was twelve."

~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

Seriously, and amazing read. Pick it up!!!

I tag: Anyone who ventures to read this blog.

1 comment:

Luke and Erin said...

I would read it, if I had them time :( Sadly I don't get to read a whole lot, unless it is on a pre-school level!