Friday, March 25, 2011

Two Videos and an Opinion

If any of you have been reading or have know me for any length of time--you will know that I'm not one to go "political" on someone. I rarely take an absolute stand on politics...because truthfully, I like to be able to analyze things and decide if it resonates with truth as I know it. If my position shifts on something, I like to be able to reevaluate where I stand with things.

Of course there are things that I do believe firmly in--but that is for another discussion.

Today I want to talk briefly about our president--Barack Obama.

I'm not necessarily against him, but I don't like how he has been representing/leading our country.

Yes, he's from Hawaii. Yes, he's African American. Believe me when I say that I was even surprised that I didn't like him.

Plain and simple--I don't like his politics. I don't like how shady he is about his past. I don't see the big deal with the whole "birth certificate" thing. I was watching a video that was taken from "The View" where Donald Trump was calling Obama out to show us the original B.C. and it erupted into chaos! Everyone was yelling--Whoopi was going off about Hawaii being a state, everyone else was hard to hear because they were screeching like outraged chickens, and Barbara was trying to make it a 20/20 interview.

If you ask me, and most of you didn't/never really will... but if you did--I would tell you that when you are talking about your leaders, it should be with respect and calm. The person you decide to be your leader shouldn't confuse you or make you feel insecure. They shouldn't incite arguments and dissension within "the ranks". A Good leader should bring order. They can definitely stir the pot--in fact, they should stir the pot, but they should do it in a diplomatic and fair way. They should keep their word and lead with an even hand.

I can't say that Obama has done any of that for me. If anything since he has become the president I've actually QUESTIONED my citizenship in this great country. I've been more fearful of my future than I have ever been. I love America. I LOVE this country. I am NOT in love with our leaders.

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate Obama. From what I can gather (as I don't know him personally...) he is an educated, savvy person that is very charismatic. I just wish his agenda wasn't based on fear or confusion. I want a leader with a transparent agenda. Even if they are against what I believe in politically, it doesn't matter to me. I want to know where you stand. I want to see what you are trying to get at. Don't play games. Don't make me guess at where we are headed as a country.

I want change. I want to make a difference. I may not have the resources that Obama has, but I would hope that whoever our next president will be (because we DO need one--for all my anarchist friends/readers out there...we really do) that he or she will lead us away from the chaos and get us started to rebuild the country.

I know many people love Obama. I don't know if I love him. I do respect him for what he has accomplished. I would respect him more if he fit the "bill" that I have measured him against, but I don't really know if there is anyone who fits that at the moment.

There are so many things I want to say...and so many things that are on my mind. I'm even at the point where I'm getting teary eyed and emotional just trying to proof read this. lol.

Okay Karyn. Let's get to the point.

I guess the bottom line is that we need to change. We need to become better and expect more of our leaders. We need to rise against the fear and confusion and seek out calm and peace. We need to love each other more and hate each other less. We need to stop lying and cheating each other out of stuff and be more charitable. We all can make a difference. We all can make the changes that we are looking for happen.

I'm sorry if this is disjointed. It started because of one video and its ending because of another. I didn't want to post the Trump/View video because it was so negative. So, I decided to post another one. This video was shared with me by my holistic healer--Cat. There are a lot of things that I agree with in this video, as well as some stuff that I’m not too sure about. Nevertheless, I'm posting it because the overall message is what I wanted to share. I hope you watch it. I hope you think about it.

No Challenge today. My challenge to you is to look at this and let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Leonani said...

I agree w/ you on this. I don't understand why he's being so sketchy. I know that I need to do some research of my own to find out if I really do like him or if I don't.
Also, I like the new look. :) Very nice!

laninaki said...

You make good points here - and I like what you've said about leaders being transparent. It IS nice to know what's going on with them, even if you don't agree with their politics.

leinani45 said...

Thanks for commenting ladies. :) It's important to have good leaders. I just think it;s sad that we can't really say that about our president--who is supposed to be the face of the country. IDK. It's just disappointing to keep seeing all of the conflict. We are supposed to be the UNITED States.