Sunday, April 3, 2011

The past week!

Hello, hello!

Life has a funny way of cramming all the things that need to be done all into one clump of time. That is how this last week has been for me. I hate to keep giving you excuses as to why I'm not really writing a lot, but it really is because I have been inordinately busy lately! :S

Anyway. I happen to have a spare moment now before I start working on my homework for the day. :)

SO this last week was my birthday. :) It was pretty awesome. I ended up having a birthday dinner with a bunch of friends at one of my favorite restaurants--Benja's Thai Garden. :) The party was planned by my awesome friends Susi and Amy. :)It was cool to just hang out and talk with a bunch of my friends.

Also on my birthday I got to go to the funeral of one of the Hawaiian "aunties" here in town--Aunty Dustie. I never really got to talk very much to her, but she always had a smile for me. :)

Anyway--the funeral was really nice. I think I've become a little "desensitized" to funerals. There was a point in time where I was going to funerals around once every other week--resulting in me not really getting emotional or weepy at a funeral.

I guess that's beside the point, but I was glad I went. I know the family pretty well. They are always sort of stoic and polite, but at the funeral they were so emotional. I couldn't help but to feel the loss they had just experienced. It was such a beautiful service.

Life is so fragile. I have a lot of friends that come to me for advice--and I find myself telling them to LIVE their lives and find what makes them happiest. Our lives are here for us to experience them. We should go and do those things that make us happy. We should spend our time with the people we love and care about.

I am so glad I got that reminder. :)

Moving right along--here is the challenge for the day:

Day 10 – A photo of your favorite place to eat.

My favorite place to eat is a subject of dispute. Some people would say that my favorite food is sushi, some people think it's Thai food...and some people think my favorite food is hamburgers. I happen to LOVE food in general...but my favorite place to eat is a little hole in the wall called Hayashi's You Make the Roll in Kona, HI. :) 


DELISH!!! :)


Anyway--This weekend I got to go see my grandma. :) She is so awesome! :) I totally needed a break and it was awesome to be able to get out of town and chill with my fam. :)

Anywho--here is the song for the day. I hope that you all have a great week. :) Hopefully I will be blogging more than once a week, but no promises. :) Have a good one!


Stay With Me
by: Faces

In the mornin' don't say you love me,
'Cause I'll only kick you out of the door
I know your name is Rita 'cause your perfume's smellin' sweeter
Since when I saw you down on the floor.

Won't need to much pursuadin'
I don't mean to sound degradin',
But with a face like that you got nothin' to laugh about.
Red lips, hair and fingernails,
I hear you're a mean old Jezebel
Lets go up stairs and read my Tarot cards

Stay with me, stay with me
For tonight you'd better stay with me
Stay with me, stay with me
For tonight you'd better stay with me

So, in the mornin', please don't say you love me
'Cause you know I'll only kick you out the door
Yeah, I'll pay your cab fare home, you can even use my best cologne,
Just don't be here in the mornin' when I wake up

Stay with me, stay with me
For tonight you'd gonna stay with me
Sit down, get up, get out.

1 comment:

.kai. said...

happy belated bday, karen! i saw your younger bro at byuh. kelly said that she didn't even know he was your brother and they work together! haha. i just love how you're doing that 'post for the day' thing. are you making them up or you're following something? it's an incentive for me to at least be somewhat consistent with blogging!