Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Why I love my Dad.

I have been at a loss for the last two weeks.

I had a song stuck in my head and I didn't know any of the words.

Usually if I have a song stuck in my head, I can find the lyrics by mentally going over the parts I have of the song, picking out key lyrics and Googling them. However, this was NOT the case with this song. I had some lyrics but I KNEW they were wrong...so it just circled and circled in my head.

FOR TWO WEEKS!!!

"Like a splinter in your mind..." (what movie??? lol)

Anyway, one call to my Dad...who is the most amazing musician I know (so of course he knows EVERY song in the universe...well that's how it feels. :) ), and I got the song.

Just like that!

I hummed the tune to him with the iconic "la, la, la, la" on the end and he knew exactly what song had been haunting me for two weeks.

AMAZING!

I wish I was that awesome. I have a slice of it...as I am his daughter...but he has the whole cake. :)

There are more reasons why I love my Dad...I could probably write an Encyclopaedia Britannica with all the reasons why I love my Dad...but always being able to rely on him for the small things is probably one of the #1 reasons. :)

Moving right along...here is the challenge for today:

Day 9 – A photo of the item you last purchased.

The A1 Steakhouse Burger
from Applebees!

Sad day that this was the last thing I purchased...but oh well. It was delightful! :) Go Applebees!!!

Thanks for joining us today at "you're a sword." :) Enjoy the smooth sultry lyrics of the song that haunted me for the past two weeks AND that inspired me to blog today. :) PEACE!!!

Poetry Man
by: Phoebe Snow

You make me laugh
'Cause your eyes they light the night
They look right through me
You bashful boy
You're hiding something sweet
Please give it to me yeah, to me

Talk to me some more
You don't have to go
You're the poetry man
You make things all rhyme

You are a genie
All I ask for is your smile
Each time I rub the lamp
When I am with you
I have a giggling teenage crush
Then I'm a sultry vamp, yeah sultry vamp

Talk to me some more
You don't have to go
You're the poetry man
You make things all right, yeah, yeah

Talk to me some more
You don't have to go
You're the poetry man
You make things all right, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah

So, once again
It's time to say so long
And so recall the cull of life
You're going home now
Home's that place somewhere you go each day
To see your wife, to see your wife

Talk to me some more
You know that you don't have to go
You're the poetry man
You make things all right, yeah

Talk to me some more
You don't have to go
You're the poetry man
You make things all right

2 comments:

Ames said...

I was super impressed about how fast he had a response for you!

Leonani said...

Totally love that song!! I was wondering why you were calling him that on facebook this week. :)