Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Starting

Okay. So I know I was supposed to start the challenge FOREVER ago. Truthfully I wanted to hold off to see if someone would notice that I haven't started. The only person that brought it up was my roommate...so I guess that's a little comforting. ;) lol. Anyway, here goes the first day of the challenge. :)

Day 1 – A photo of yourself and a description of how your day was

Here is the photo of me. I was just going to post the picture on the right...but people usually get mad at me because I always make faces in pictures. SO I posted both. Personally I like the one where I'm making  face. At least you can see my eyes. ;) Because my eyelashes slant downwards and my cheeks are cheeky...My eyes look closed when I smile. lol.

Anyway. Today I am feeling...happy for the most part. I was on facebook earlier and I came across THIS VIDEO. It makes me feel...well blessed for sure. But it also gives me hope. It's hard to believe that there are people like this that are out there. People who think nothing of themselves and who love and serve the people around them. My favorite quote from the vid is:

"Food is one part. Love is another part. So, the food will give them physical nutrition. The love and affection which you show, will give them mental nutrition."
                                       -Narayanan Krishnan

How amazing is that? Not only is he giving to people on a daily basis...but he is showing them the love and respect that they deserve. SO INSPIRATIONAL!!! I would love to take part in something like that. Hmm... Maybe I'll look into it; :)

This week is the first week of my last class for my associates degree. I'm not going to lie to you. I'm WAY stoked about it. I think it'll be awesome! :) I can't believe how close I am to having a degree. LOL.

Song for the day is one that makes me smile. :) Enjoy!!!

Beautiful Life
by: Ace of Base

You can do what you want just seize the day
What you're doing tomorrow's gonna come your way
Don't you ever consider givin' up, you will find, oooh

It's a beautiful life, oh oh ooo
It's a beautiful life, oh oh ooo
It's a beautiful life, oh oh ooo
I just wanna be here beside you
And stay until the break of dawn

Take a walk in the park when you feel down
There's so many things there
That's gonna lift you up
See the nature in bloom a laughing child
Such a dream, oooh

It's a beautiful life, oh oh ooo
It's a beautiful life, oh oh ooo
It's a beautiful life, oh oh ooo
I just wanna be here beside you
I just wanna be here beside you
And stay until the break of dawn

You're looking for somewhere to belong
You're standing all alone
For someone to guide you on your way
Now and Forever

It's a beautiful life, oh oh ooo
It's a beautiful life, oh oh ooo
It's a beautiful life, oh oh ooo
I just wanna be anybody

Living in different ways
It's a beautiful life
I'm gonna take you to a place I've never been
Before oh yeah
It's a beautiful life
I'm gonna take you in my arms and fly away
With you tonight

It's a beautiful life, oooh
It's a beautiful life, oooh

It's a beautiful life, oooh
It's a beautiful life, oooh
It's a beautiful life, oooh
It's a beautiful life

2 comments:

Ames said...

I am so excited you started! I loved your previous challenge and am so excited to know more about you in this challenge! Keep posting!!

Leonani said...

So I won't lie. I forgot about the challenge. BUT I did think, why hasn't she posted yet? Sorry. So. Tip for the closed eyes look when you smile. Try to consciously open your eyes more. Not in a creepy, I can see into your soul, look (Hahaa! I thought you'd like that). But more of a, I'm super happy and want you to see my awesome eyes, way. If you don't quite get what I mean let me know and I will clarify. Also, your makeup looks good and I am definitely one of those that get mad for you lack of smiling pics. Well not mad. More sad. Anyways. Love you! And I CANNOT wait until I see you again! And hopefully Amers too!