Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Behind in...

Aloha All!

Well, I'm behind...in EVERYTHING! I've been fighting off whatever sickness is going around as well as trying to get a decent grade in my newest math class. It's been stressful, but it's all good. I like taking classes one at a time. It makes me feel like I'm actually able to absorb everything. :)

Anyway...this is a couple of days late, but here is the challenge:

Day 3 – Your idea of the perfect first date.

My perfect date would be August 25, because its not too hot not too cold...all you need is a light jacket. ;)


Just kidding. (what movie???)


Hmm. I'm not really the romantic type, so I guess my perfect date would be a barbecue at his house with a bunch of friends and games. :) I just really like hanging out with people...and what better way to bring people together than a good old fashioned BBQ??? ;)


Anywho.

Life has been...fascinating to say the least. There have been a lot of stuff going down. I guess I shouldn't have complained about life being boring, because there is just a lot going on now. lol.  It will be interesting to see how it all works out.

I guess since Valentines was a couple of days ago that it's safe for me to talk about my love life without being lumped into that category...you know. The one where people talk about love because it's "in the air" or whatever. lol. IDK what I'm saying really, but here it goes.

I thought that I had everything figured out. I really thought that I was in a good place with love and what I wanted out of life in regards to a relationship, etc. It seems that things always seem to get shot to hell when I'm comfortable. (sorry. I don't now how else to say it...) Maybe I just need to make it a habit to never have opinions or set ideas about things because they always change.

Love (in this instance aka "like," "lust," and "infatuation") is a lot like a storm. When you're in the middle of it, sometimes it's hard to think that there is anything around you that is more important that what is happening to you right at that moment. Sometimes it's so thick in there that you fail to see things that are right in front of you. Sometimes we choose to not see it. Like the ostrich, we stick out heads in the sand and try to wait any problems out..Hoping against all hope that it will all settle down into a comfortable place ans that we can continue on as we did before.

Unfortunately it isn't true. It's there and it's real (in most cases). However, we need to remind ourselves that there are things that are bigger and more important than our little "storm." I've been caught up in a storm. I've ignored the signs around me that there was danger. I have been that ostrich. Sticking my head in the ground so that I don't have to face the truth.

Sometimes we have to pull out heads out and take a breath of fresh air to get perspective.

Some people say that love makes the world go around. I don't know if I believe that is true. Love is a strong emotion, and through great emotion we can accomplish a lot. But for me...love doesn't make the world move. Love isn't what makes me want to live day to day. I feel like that girl in that movie that says, "I don't feel anything about love."

I know I haven't always felt that way.
I know that I won't feel like this forever.

But it's how I feel today. Not in a depressed, "My life sucks" kind of way. It's more like just a statement of the facts.

Is it bad to feel apathetic right now??? Huh.

Anyway.

Meant To Live
by: Switchfoot

Fumbling his confidence
And wondering why the world has passed him by
Hoping that he’s meant for more than arguments
And failed attempts to fly, fly

We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
Somewhere we live inside
Somewhere we live inside
We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
Somewhere we live inside

Dreaming about providence
And whether mice or men have second tries
Maybe we’ve been livin with our eyes half open
Maybe we’re bent and broken, broken

We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
Somewhere we live inside
Somewhere we live inside
We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
Somewhere we live inside

We want more than this world’s got to offer
We want more than this world’s got to offer
We want more than the wars of our fathers
And everything inside screams for second life

We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
We were meant to live
We were meant to live

1 comment:

Leonani said...

Miss Rhode Island said it on Miss Congeniality!! Love that movie. :) Also, I think you should call me.