Thursday, September 23, 2010

"Open Door" Policy

My office has two doors. One that opens to the hallway and one that adjoins to the office next door. Here is the doorway to my office from the hallway...

I usually try to keep the adjoining door closed as much as possible. I don't like to listen to my co-worker talk about random stuff, type, or receive endless texts from her new husband and kids. However, she apparently LOVES to make me listen to her noises because I walk in everyday to see my door open.

So, like a NORMAL person, I go to close the door. However, we soon got into what I call "closing the door wars," where I  would close the door and my co-worker would open it and LEAVE IT OPEN after I expressly closed it. I mean... I know that I OOZE AMAZINGAWESOMEGOODNESS, but please. PLEASE leave the door closed when I close it.

I really did think that I took care of it. That is until TODAY, when I saw  that the door was open again. And there she was, chatting up her family and making NOISE! I have a hard time concentrating when what don't start out as, but end up as "annoying noises" happen. Like hearing other people type sporadically or when people's phones go off every 5 minutes. So, I've decided that a visual aid is all I can do.




That is all.

5 comments:

Gawdun said...

I feel for you! Just pray she isn't a loud eater. I am cringing.

Leonani said...

Look! Gawd just commented! Hahaaa! I think you should just talk to her. Maybe she feels claustrophobic and the adjoining door keeps the small space from seeming even smaller. Or maybe she's OCD like you, but wants it open. Just sayin'... :) Good luck!

leinani45 said...

lol. Andrew--She eats out of the office, so no worries. Leo--Why do you have to make so much sense??? STOP IT! lol.

Susi said...

I told you to just lock it! Shut it with a bang! Then put your huge lounge chair there to prevent her from walking in. That way she'll have to walk around and eventually she'll get the hint!

leinani45 said...

lol. I totally should.