Monday, September 27, 2010

Burning day

Hello all.

So, I had my fun posts this week. This is a little more serious in nature. You know the drill. ;)

Today was a burning day for me. I feel... liberated and relieved. I have waited a long time for today. I knew that I would feel lighter without the burden of the past looming over me. What I didn't expect to feel was emptiness. All those years that were...well, not wasted. What's the word??? IDK. I'm glad to be rid of everything but at the same time I'm sad that it had to come to this. I guess the phrase I'm looking for is full of regret. I regret what happened. I regret how it ended.

 ...

I wish I felt the way I thought I would feel right now. It would make dealing with everything a lot easier. :S

I'm going to sleep on it. Maybe to taste of regret will leave the moment so I can enjoy moving forward with my life. It reminds me of a poem by Shel Silverstein called, "Forgotten Language"

Once I spoke the language of the flowers,
Once I understood each word the caterpillar said,
Once I smiled in secret at the gossip of the starlings,
And shared a conversation with the housefly
in my bed.
Once I heard and answered all the questions
of the crickets,
And joined the crying of each falling dying
flake of snow,
Once I spoke the language of the flowers. . . .
How did it go?
How did it go?

I used to be good at this part. :S Anywho...

Speaking about moving forward. It is time for some REAL change in my life. I'm pretty excited and nervous about it. I'm hoping that the changes that I'm making will be POSITIVE (although I can't see how they WOULDN'T be...) and permanent. I need to start worrying about me.

Well, have a great week. I hope you all are doing amazing.

2 comments:

Leonani said...

I'm happy for you and yet sad. Happy that you burned the past, that so needed to be done. But sad because it didn't let you feel the way you planned and hoped. The good thing is the physical memories are gone and soon the actual memories will fade. Next time we see each other we will have another burning party... It's my turn!

leinani45 said...

Straight up!