Friday, December 5, 2008

Post Hawaii aka Hawaii pt. 3 (Twilight, Quantum of Solace, and Puka Dogs?)

HELLO FROM UTAH!!!

It's horrendously cold, but I'll survive. It's right back into the groove as well... You know what they say, there's no rest for the wicked...

However, I didn't get a chance to blog about the other adventures I got to experience in Hawaii, so this is like the post Hawaii wrap up.

First of all, I have a new nephew!!! He's so cute! Born on Thankgiving day... he was 9 lbs. 2.3 oz. and 21 1/4" long! His name is Peter Ioane (ee-oh-ah-nay) Keanaaina. Ioane means John, which is my paternal grandfathers name, and Ioane is my brother's (his father) middle name. Here's a pic of him and his parents... he's only an hour or so old in this pic:


So, My brother Adam and his family came over from Big Island for Thanksgiving. I was glad that they did. I haven't seen my nephews in a year, and so It was nice to see them. :) Here's a picture of them.


Something completely awesome... They wanted to show me their 'ninja moves'... so I took a video of them. I would post it, but I don't want to get booked for child abuse like this guy. I didn't egg them on, and if I do allow you to watch the video, you can see that they are laughing the whole time. :)

Anyways, so I went to a heavenly place while in Hawaii called PUKA DOG. :) Seriously the most amazing hot dog I've EVER had. They start out with the bun. It's open on one side and closed on the other, making the 'puka' or hole for the puka dog. They give you a choice of what you want on it (and trust me, it looks weird, and gross, but it is SO delicious!) Then from there, you insert your choice of veggie of polish dog and EAT! Seriously so good... I'm hungry just thinking about it!!!


Then we went to
Twilight. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. They did an ok job. I wasn't super impressed with certain character castings... Esme, Carlisle, and Jasper... but overall, it was alright. The make-up was sort of lame... the cinematography was AMAZING! I guess I would recommend it to someone that hasn't read the books, or doesn't have any expectations for the movie at all... but it was pretty good.

Twilight was nothing compared to
Quantum of Solace!!! Holy cow... Such a great movie. Action, action, action... The storyline was a little weak, but it was super good regardless. GO WATCH IT!!!

Overall, Hawaii was a great trip. I'm sad that I had to leave, but I'm glad to be back. I got a lot of cool stuff, and I have a lot of good memories. It's cold like a monkey over here, but what else can you expect of Utah in the winter? lol! Anyways, have a good one! Alohas!

No comments: