Monday, November 28, 2011

Motivation

I've been thinking a lot about life lately.

What defines success in your life??? Or success in general?


I know there is the 'typical' view of success, but what is success for you?

If you aren't successful are you automatically a failure?

I always thought that success would be marriage, a great job, a big house, a nice car, and raising my own family. Did I mention that I wanted to achieve all of this within the first 25 years of my life?

It may seem to be strange that I would want to do all of that so early in my life--but that is what I wanted, and what I was taught meant success. Not attaining what I perceived as "success" in life meant I was a failure.

Now, I am 27 years old, and I haven't done any of those things.  At one point in my life I felt like a failure. A HUGE failure. How could I move forward in life if I was such a huge failure at EVERYTHING I wanted for myself?

However, as I have matured I can honestly say that now I feel accomplished and overall...just GRATEFUL for what I have. I have been able to achieve so much and do so many things that I have always wanted to do. And I still am.

I was talking to a friend of mine and we were discussing things that we have done and things we hope to do in the near future. I'm not really the type of person to make an actual list of things that I want to do during my life, but during this discussion I realized that I have done a lot in my life. I am a successful woman. Even though my culture, religion, and even at times my family and friends have told me that I'm not enough, I know that I am.

I don't know why I'm writing this right now. I felt like it was important...so I'll leave you with a thought.

Discovering and achieving your dreams is not easy. You may not always be the best at whatever you are doing. You may not be following the "success timeline" you or someone else has set up for your life. However, it is never too late to find what you are passionate about. It is never too late to live your life.

Life is here for the living. We aren't meant to whittle our time away because we are afraid or because we don't think we have the ability to attain our dreams. If you want to do something, do it. If you want to go somewhere, go! Life is too short to limit yourself because of fear. Success is achieving your dreams. But happiness and fulfillment are found in the journey.

Get out there and start LIVING YOUR DREAMS!!!

Instead of lyrics, here is a little something from one of my favorite websites holstee.


2 comments:

Ames said...

You are successful. You have accomplished so much in life!

Here's a quote I saw the day after you posted this:

"If you reject change you fail
If you accept change you survive
If you create change you succeed"

Unknown

leinani45 said...

That is so awesome!!! :) Thanks Ames!!!