Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Music...revisited

Today's topic is MUSIC. I know it's cheating a little to blog about what my blog challenge is, but A simple blog challenge can't  sum up the way I feel about music. Music flows in my veins. I always have a song in my head. When I wake up, it's with lyrics on my lips. I can't go a day without listening to music...and I wouldn't want to. Music is my life. I love listening to it, playing it, and (toying around with) writing it. Anyway... Here is the challenge.

Day 13 – Your favorite musician and why?

This is a seriously hard question...mostly because I love music so much, and I have many musicians that inspire and motivate me. SO, I'm going to cheat and name off more than one.

Family--First and foremost are the musicians that are in my family. My dad, my brothers, my uncles, my aunties, my grandparents...I don't think that I would be the same person if I didn't grow up in a musical home. Each of them has inspired me and molded me into a better person.

Fleetwood Mac--I am relatively new to the Fleetwood Mac fan club, but I LOVE their stuff!

Average White Band--A Jazz/Funk band from the 70s. Can't get better than "Cloudy."

Earth Wind & Fire--EWF. They were and are still a musical phenomenon. What else can I say???

IDK who else to put down as of this moment. I have so many musical influences, from Hawaiian music to Rock and Classical.

I would say that if you are a true music lover, it's too hard to pick just one group or artist that is your favorite, because every piece of music has the potential to fundamentally change your life. :)

Here is a song that will get your toes tappin!

1 comment:

Ames said...

It makes my day to hear you sing anytime of the day. Most especially in the mornings! I don't remember hearing the same song twice.