Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Year?

Hello world. :)

So it's a new year. Honestly...it doesn't really feel like my new years usually do. It feels...different. A good different. My new years are usually SUPER depressing and screwed up. However, this year was cool. Went and partied in Nevada and found some cool bands. It was way fun and I'm glad I did it.

So, what now? I usually make resolutions for the new year...but as this year feels different, I want to try something different. I haven't figured it out yet, but I'm getting there. When I know, you'll know. :)

Lately I've been sort of bummed out though. A lot of my friends are leaving this year, and it has prompted me to take inventory of my time here. What have I accomplished? What do I want to accomplish? Where do I see myself in the next year? Five years? Ten years???

I feel like I am at a turning point in my life, but it's sort of scary! I have finally made a decision about what I want to do career-wise, but what about everything else???

I know that eventually down the line I would like to settle down and get married. I know that I want to buy a house...I know I want a truck. lol. But those are more superficial, aesthetic things that I seek to accomplish because they are indicators of success. I want success. I want to have a comfortable life, but, what else???

This may come as a surprise to a lot of you, but I'm not really in a hurry to get married. As a member of the LDS church that is almost unheard of, but it's true. I am working on a lot of things currently and the thought of being married makes it almost too much. Of course I would LOVE to date... but obviously that isn't happening. AND--I really don't think that LDS guys know how to date. (just a side note).

Anywho. As for the house and the truck... I will hopefully be getting the latter sometime this year. A house is a ways off. I need to get my shtuff together to even think about getting into that.

IDK. I've been really introspective lately. I guess I just need to figure out my life! lol.

Anywho. Work is pretty crazy. My boss got laid off. It's weird to not have him here, but I've always been good with change, so I'm sure it will all be okay. :)

I have been craving Hawaii. lol. Is it possible to crave a location??? ;) You can chalk it up to the cold weather we've been getting. I'm ready for some HEAT! ;)

Well, Happy New year. Hopefully your new year goals and resolutions are a little more structured than mine are. You could say that I'm still in the conceptual phase. hehe. :)

Song for the day is a music video my friend Jared posted today on his Facebook. They are RAD. :)

2 comments:

Leonani said...

Who's "my Jared?" Also, I am totally craving Hawaii, too! :) Plus, Trampled by Turtles are awesome! They were all so crazy on their various stringed instruments. Especially the fiddle/violin (what's the difference) and banjo. But I think you HAVE to be crazy fast when playing those. Oh and that weird guitar. IDK what it is. Anyways, this year is gonna rock so hardcore for the both of us! We gon' get it!

leinani45 said...

lol. I meant my friend Jared. lol. Also--I'm pretty sure it is either a mandolin or a tipple. I LOVED the banjo. ;)