Thursday, July 16, 2009

off-putting...

I think something about my personality is off-putting to some people. I like to think that I am a nice person, but... who knows??? My friend Susi says it's because I don't care. Care about what??? I care. Just because I don't think I should have to pretend to care when I really don't...

Is that what is comes down to??? Pretending things matter so that other people can feel good about themselves??? Wouldn't it be better for all of us if everyone just told the truth??? Maybe not. What would the world be like if everyone told the truth, no matter what? I'd like to think that it would be a lot better than it is now... but maybe we need those lies. Are the lies we tell to each other AND ourselves really that important to a civilized society? Who knows...

I've been feeling especially philosophical and punchy lately. I just want to argue. With everyone. Argue isn't the right word... DEBATE!!! I want a debate. Do they have debate clubs for the elderly? I need to join one.

I just have to keep to my mantra: Life is good... life is good... life is good...

No comments: