Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fixing my face

SO, a lot of you know that I have 3 brothers.

I was chatting today with the youngest, Sean. We were basically complaining to each other... him about the costs of education, me about life in general...

Anyway, at the end of the conversation, he told me to 'Fix my face.' Some of you may not know my family, but we are straight up with each other when something is bothering us, when we're being too emotional or WHATEVER. 'Fix your face' is something we say to each other as a way to express: "You are being entirely too critical and emotional. You need to readjust your attitude and stop complaining. Thank you for your cooperation."

So, I'm blogging to fix my face.

I don't know why I am emotional. I don't know why I've been whining. It's not like me to complain all the time. I've never been one to be envious, etc. Why is it that when I come to the mainland, all I can do is complain? I should be GRATEFUL!!!

I Love my life. I have good friends, an awesome place to live, a great job, a fantastic family... I should be shouting from the rooftops about how amazing this life is. I'm a lot better off than a lot of other people...

I'm going to stop complaining.

Face = Fixed. :)

No comments: