Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm SICK!!! :(

So, I'm sick. It's funny how I can go YEARS without getting sick, and then BLAMO! I get hit twice in the past 3 months. :( I hate being sick.

Lately I've been trying to save money by cooking more often at home. Something I've come to LOVE is my brother Josh's recipe for Mabo Tofu. :) It's a Japanese dish with beef, miso, onions and tofu that is TO DIE for!!! I've included a picture of my version, which I have made 2 times already! Delicious!


I'm glad for this time to just kick back and explore the things I've always wanted to do, like cooking, camping, graphic art, budgeting, going house shopping (not that I'm in the market...), and traveling. I'm grateful for the time to get to learn about all these things (and more) and just figure them out. Especially traveling. I'm planning to do a lot more traveling this year. I think it's all due to not only my 'single status' but also just breaking free from my debts. Thanks budgeting!!! You're the best!!!

So, I'm afraid of the dark. Not many people know that about me, but I go out of my way to NOT be alone when the lights go out. I just found out that one of my cousins is also TERRIFIED of the dark. I'm not that bad... I think for me it's the unknown that scares me. Just a note of other things I'm afraid of: clowns, spiders, being alone, heights, commitment, failure... i think that's it. It's a life goal of mine to confront my fears, and overcome them. Or at least try to. I think the hardest one for me will be spiders. I literally FREAK OUT when I see one. Childhood trauma. lol

So, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!! lol. Sorry, I forgot to wish everyone a Happy Chinese New Year. It's the year of the bull, and supposedly its supposed to be a good year for those born under the Rat sign (like me). I don't usually go for any of that kind of stuff, but it's fun to read. :)

I think I'll start posting recipes that go well on this page. Oh, and if you ever want to know more about the eating situation here in St. George, check out my food critic blog I've made with my trusty side-kick, Susi: www.eatinginstgeorge.blogspot.com. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want that recipe for mabo tofu! looks yummy!