Sunday, September 9, 2012

Ohio & Dysfunctional Families

****Realized I never published this...not really sure where my head was at when I posted it, but I figured I should post it. :)****

It's so funny to see how relationships change over time… and by funny I mostly mean sad and confusing.

Oh, I guess I should let you know that when I have emotional instability, I laugh. I just find it easier to hide my emotions under a smile. People don't bother you if you are smiling and laughing. I can deal with my issues and I don't have to bother people with my problems.

Well, I guess you all don't get that luxury…since I have decided that I need to vent all of my frustrations and well… everything else on this blog.

Lucky you!!! :)

Anywho… I have been ruminating on my friendships this week, and it feels like most of them are in a stage of dissolution. It's pretty sad…especially with all of the HUGE changes that are happening in my life, but I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles. The ebbs and tides of life are so interesting and often times confusing. I ask myself why I care, but the truth is that I am compelled to care. I love my friends, and I want them to be happy.

I came across an article today about dysfunctional families and the effect they have on people.

Here is the article…although I must warn you that it swears a lot.

As I read it, I felt like someone was talking about all of my problems and telling me why I act the way I act and do the things I do. It was scary…and truthfully, it made me feel relieved. I'm not as crazy as I thought. There are reasons why I am the way I am. It's an interesting article, and I encourage you to read it. It has made me realize that I need to break the patterns of dysfunction and be better…not only for me, but for my future family.

Since I'm blogging, I may as well do the next challenge day, so here it is.

6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?

Hmm. That is tough. I think the hardest thing I have been though as of this moment was what happened with my mission call. It took all I had to pull myself back together, and I'm not 100% sure I'm entirely over it. I try everyday though, and I think that is what counts.

Anyway. I'll keep you all updated on developments in my life. Thanks for caring…and for reading. :)

No comments: