Tuesday, August 31, 2010

CH-Ch-Ch-Changes!

Okay, so I promise that I will get to homework after I blog and then head home.

I just needed to blog! :) lol.

So, I'm finally back into the groove with work, school, and LIFE! I can't tell you how much of a relief it has been to be able to just live my life again. I felt like I was lost for a while. Thank goodness I'm BACK! :) It feels awesome.

Life is funny. Without trying to sound too Gump-ish...you really never know what you are going to get out of it. I rarely "know" where my life is headed... but I have a vague idea as to where I would like it to be. Truthfully, I have been grateful for the past four years. Living away from my family has been hard--being basically alone (with regard to having family) has taught me to rely on myself, but it has also taught me that even though I get irritated with them, I still love them. :)

A lot of changes are happening with me...a lot of those changes are happening within myself. I am learning that being an individual doesn't mean that I have to make bad or wrong choices. I have learned that choosing to be me doesn't mean that I have to shun the opinions of others. I am also learning that I can't expect everything of someone without giving of myself.

On a larger scale, I am looking to move up and out of my current situation. I don't know when or how the changes will happen, but they are coming. It's exciting to finally feel like I am starting my life. I have been floating along without really wanting to add input into my own life.

I know that sounds weird... I don't really know how to express it in words... but floating really captures what it feels like. I haven't been an active participant in the direction or goals of my life. I have taken what other people say are good and tried to make them MY good things. I feel like I'm waking up and FINALLY realizing that I need to get going! lol. So, I think that is what you all can expect from me. I'm going to



I think that is the most important thing for me right now. I need to move forward and be positive about life! :) Things are AWESOME. I just need to realize that and share it with the people round me!!!! ;)

A wrap up for Hawaii... it was amazing. For the first time since I have moved to St. George, I didn't want to leave. It was interesting. I totally love Hawaii. I was able to spend a TON of time with my family. The reunion was so amazing. I was able to witness the talent that is my family. They are all so talented. They all have the potential to make a REAL change in the world with their talents too. It was cool to be in the presence of such wonderful people. I am so grateful that I was able to go and participate!

Okay. Song for the day. :) I hope you like it. It's a GREAT one!!!


Dream On
by: Aerosmith

Every time that I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face getting clearer
The past is gone
It went by, like dusk to dawn
Isn't that the way
Everybody's got their dues in life to pay

Yeah, I know nobody knows
Where it comes and where it goes
I know it's everybody's sin
You got to lose to know how to win

Half my life
Is in books' written pages
Lived and learned from fools and
From sages
You know it's true
All the things come back to you

Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laugh, sing for the tears
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good lord will take you away, yeah

Yeah, sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laugh, sing for the tear
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away

Dream On Dream On Dream On
Dream until the dream come true
Dream On Dream On Dream On
Dream until your dream comes true
Dream On Dream On Dream On
Dream On Dream On
Dream On Dream On

Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laugh, sing for the tear
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away
Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laugh, sing for the tear
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away

1 comment:

Leonani said...

Good blog! I'm so excited for you! I just want to be in the same position as you. I'm so done floating by. We'll talk more later. And I didn't know it was Aerosmith who sang that song. I'm currently listening to the Glee version w/ Neil Patrick Harris. A good one. If you don't have it, I'll email it to you. :)