Thursday, March 18, 2010

Peanut Butter Month

So, I've noticed that when I blog about serious stuff---aka rant about serious stuff--that no one really comments to me, and when I write silly stuff, they do. A subtle hint, perhaps???

Anywho... not to chastise anyone that is reading. Thank you for reading! I'm just making an observation. On to the blog!

March--referred to many as the wonderful month in which Karyn was born--is also known as peanut butter month. :)


I think to myself--how appropriate as I have had an unnatural craving for peanut butter lately. I can't explain it, but I go out of my way to get some of that creamy deliciousness.

I CAN'T GET ENOUGH!!!

Seriously. If I wasn't worried about weighing 500 lbs, I would keep a permanent stash with me at all times. It's so divine. You just have to know that there is a heaven and that peanut butter is a major staple there... well, it better be. If it isn't, I'm not going! ;) lol. JK... But seriously. Peanut Butter is delectable.

You may wonder, as I often do-- who first thought of this culinary wonder??? Well, I looked it up, and interestingly enough, peanut butter has been around for a long time! According to about.com,

"Peanut butter has been invented and reinvented many times during history. Peanuts were known as early as 950 B.C. and originated in South America. The ancient Incas used peanuts and were known to have made it into a paste-like substance.

As a crop peanuts emigrated from South America to Africa by early explorers and then traveled by trade into Spain who then traded the product to the American colonies. The first commercial peanut crop was grown in Virginia in the early to mid 1840's and in North Carolina beginning around 1818.

According to the Corn Products Company, Dr. Ambrose Straub of St. Louis patented a peanut butter-making machine in 1903 and some unknown doctor invented peanut butter in 1890. Dr. John Harvey Kellogg patented a "Process of Preparing Nut Meal" in 1895 and used peanuts. Kellogg served the patients at his Battle Creek Sanitarium peanut butter.

Also--a fun tidbit: One-half of all edible peanuts produced in the United States are used to make peanut butter and peanut spreads." (For the full article, Click Here).

Anyway, it looks like I am not the only one that loves peanut butter. I looked up the I Love Peanut Butter website, and I only have a mild obsession compared to some. :D

OH! I, and the best part... I went to my friend Stacey;'s house and they had HONEY PEANUT BUTTER! Really??? Honey and Peanut Butter???

Oh man. The goodness thereof is mind boggling. I promptly went to my local grocer and procured an ambrosial jar of the sweet and salty concoction for myself, and it has been exquisite perfection.

Can life get better?

 I submit that it can NOT!

 Wait... maybe it CAN!!!!


AHHH... >drool<

Okay. Enough of peanut butter. I'm getting hungry.

Also fun this week: I've been having mini "Medium"-a-thons with my friend Andrew. I was if-y about the whole deal at first, but I LOVE that show! It's a great story line and the show overall is intriguing. That, and his family is so AMAZING!!! Totally love hanging out with them. (Don't forget the Medium Salsa!!! lol.) Anywho--Medium. You should go check it out. You won't be disappointed!


Okay. Last but not least, the song for the day. Susi recommended this one, and she's right. The words are super awesome. :)


Tik Tok
by: Ke$ha

Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy
Grab my glasses, I'm out the door, I'm gonna hit this city
Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack
'Cause when I leave for the night, I ain't coming back

I'm talking pedicure on our toes, toes
Trying on all our clothes, clothes
Boys blowing up our phones, phones
Drop-topping, playing our favorite CDs
Pulling up to the parties
Trying to get a little bit tipsy

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, I'mma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
Tik tok on the clock
But the party don't stop, no

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, I'mma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
Tik tok, on the clock
But the party don't stop, no

Ain't got a care in world, but got plenty of beer
Ain't got no money in my pocket, but I'm already here
And now, the dudes are lining up cause they hear we got swagger
But we kick em to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger

I'm talking about everybody getting crunk, crunk
Boys tryin' to touch my junk, junk
Gonna smack him if he getting too drunk, drunk

Now, now, we go until they kick us out, out
Or the police shut us down, down
Police shut us down, down
Po-po shut us

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, I'mma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
Tik tok on the clock
But the party don't stop, no

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, I'mma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
Tik tok on the clock
But the party don't stop, no

DJ, you build me up
You break me down
My heart, it pounds
Yeah, you got me

With my hands up
You got me now
You got that sound
Yeah, you got me

DJ, you build me up
You break me down
My heart, it pounds
Yeah, you got me

With my hands up
Put your hands up
Put your hands up

Now, the party don't start 'til I walk in

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, I'mma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
Tik tok on the clock
But the party don't stop, no

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, I'mma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
Tik tok on the clock
But the party don't stop, no

3 comments:

Susi said...

Oh...peanut butter. How you tempt us with your varieties. Creamy, chunky, super chunky? Do choosy mom's really choose Jif? What about Skippy? Decisions, decisions.
Don't you just love Tik Tok? The words are so addicting, much like peanut butter. :)

leinani45 said...

lol. I know, right???

.kai. said...

mmmm, peanut butter and bananas....one of my favorite snacks. n gotta love kesha!