Friday, November 21, 2008

In Hawaii

So, I am currently in Hawai'i Nei... It is SUPER nice to be able to be near family... and to see my brothers and parents again. :) I guess you don't really know how much you miss home until you've been away, and get to see it again! :)

Even though my whole family is now majorly located on O'ahu... (I am originally from Big Island) I think it's mostly just the general 'feel' of the Islands that makes me feel at home. If I went back to Big Island, I think it would have been a more emotional homecoming for me, but being here is surreal. I never feel fully 'in reality' when I'm on any of the other islands. Is that weird?

So, my friend Susi FINALLY has begun a blog. She really is a great writer, so go read it! :) (susibell.blogspot.com) 

Tonight we're going to Twilight. I hope it's good. I REALLY disliked the 4th book. Which made me never want to read them again. SOOOO, we'll see how I like it. I have no preconcieved notions, so it won't be a disappointment like Eragon. Seriously, Chris... you should have been more aware of the movie and it's progression. :S

Okay, I have to go make dinner... I'll blog more later! ALOHAS!

3 comments:

Luke and Erin said...

Oh, how nice to get away for a while. I bet it is just so beautiful! I hope you are having a GREAT time!

laninaki said...

Lucky you. I'd love to be on Oahu right now. It's sad that when I think of all the things I miss about Hawaii, food items top out the list. :) Have a fun visit!

Susi said...

Aloha! Thanks for the shout out! I'm glad you're home visiting family, eating malasadas, and going to the beach. But come back!! :)