Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Boundaries and Embarrassing Posts

So, I want to start out by saying...That last post is a little embarrassing. :/ Oh well. It will be good to keep it up so I can improve.

Anyway...

I have been struggling a lot with certain relationships in my life and have kind of been depressed. I just watched this video:


Go ahead and watch it. It's only six minutes. Haha. Well, I have not been taking responsibility for my emotional property, and I have been letting a lot of people unload their crap into my emotional yard, and not making them own up to their "stuff" and take care of it themselves.

It's weird to think of my emotions and mental health as my property. I think most people don't think of them as really anything. They simply exist within ourselves.

Relationships are something that I used to think I'm great at, but I think I can work at things and become better at setting limits with love and making sure that my heart is guarded with proper boundaries.

Thanks for reading to whoever happens to be reading this. I'm just trying to figure things out as I go. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I won't know either way until I try! Aloha!


No comments: