Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Case of the Missing Blogger

Wow. It's been what? Months?

You may be wondering where I've been, or what I've been doing.

Truthfully, I don't have anything super entertaining to tell you. I started my Bachelor's program and I honestly think that if I write another paper, I'll explode.

Wait for it...

Here it comes......

Huh. Nothing. I guess I can go on.

I have to write so much for school that it makes writing for fun much less appealing. However, because I love you all and because I am procrastinating some homework tonight, I am going to write a blog post. :)

I can see the excitement in your eyes. lol. Hopefully I will be able to live up to all of your blogging expectations!

A lot has happened in the past three months...and yet it has gone by so quickly. It seems like it was just yesterday when I was starting my first class, and now it's been 16 weeks and I'm in my fourth class.

I don't know how to describe to you the feeling of accomplishing something that I never thought was possible. I never thought that I would ever get my degree, and here I am--about 16 months away from achieving that goal. It's pretty cool.

Of course it isn't all fun and games. I'm tired. Like all the time. I think I have carpal tunnel from typing at a desk all day, and I'm pretty sure my eyes are starting to go.

It's all for the cause I guess. :S When I'm blind and unable to move my hands, my degree will keep me warm at night. :)

Work hasn't been too shabby either. Truth be told, I think I'm more frustrated with things now than I have EVER been, but it's manageable, and my boss is cool about confrontation, so I get to put in my 2 cents.

Have I ever told you that I love confrontation??? That and awkward moments. :) Give me an awkward moment, and I'll give you a big high five!!!

Oh, and musically, I have been exploring. It's been pretty awesome. Lately I have been listening to a lot of house, funk, electronic, and reggae. Oh, and oldies. So many oldies. I love oldies. Anything from the 90s and older... preferably from the 70s.


I really do love the 70s. Such great music, fashion, design...everything about the 70s is inspiring to me.

Anyway.

I think this is where I'll stop for tonight. I really need to do homework, and then it's off to bed for me.  Tomorrow morning is do or die time. I find out tomorrow morning if the new battery I bought fixed my car or not.

Here's hoping!

---

Feels Like Home
by: Randy Newman

There's something in your eyes,
Makes me want to lose myself,
Makes me want to lose myself, in your arms.
There's something in your voice,
Makes my heart beat fast.
Hope this feeling lasts, the rest of my life.

If you knew how lonely my life has been,
And how long I've been so alone.
And if you knew how I wanted someone to come a - long,
And change my life the way you've done.

It feels like home to me, feels like home to me,
It feels like I'm all the way back where I come from.
It feels like home to me, feels like home to me,
It feels like I'm all the way back where I belong.

A window breaks down a long dark street,
And a siren wails, in the night.
But I'm all right, 'cause I have you here with me.
And I can almost see through the dark there's light.

If you knew how much this moment means to me,
And how long I've waited for your touch.
And if you knew how happy you are ma - king me,
I've never thought I'd love anyone so much.

It feels like home to me, feels like home to me,
It feels like I'm all the way back where I come from.
It feels like home to me, feels like home to me,
It feels like I'm all the way back where I belong.
It feels like I'm all the way back where I belong.


No comments: