Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Aloha!

Life is so weird. I seem to be floating along without a purpose. It's actually pretty nice. Nothing really to stress about other than work and school... but that's become sort of second nature. lol. Anywho...

I sprained my ankle. I went bull-riding and was thrown off. I'll be fine, but the bull got the worst of it I think. lol. Actually... the real story is sort of boring. I was walking down the stairs and slipped. Luckily I didn't roll my ankle or anything, so there aren't any broken bones... not that there would be. I have strong "Polynesian woman" bones that are impervious to injury. ;) Or as my mom calls them--big bones. They really are pretty big. I know I'm "overweight" but my bone structure is large and sturdy. I'm like an oak tree... lol. Have you ever seen the newest Hairspray? My favorite line is:

"Who wants a twig, when you can climb a whole tree?"

Ha ha ha ha!!! So classic.

I DJ-ed my first dance here in St. George. Aside from the irritating and incessant requests for slow songs (which I DETEST playing at dances...) it was super good and fun. I had a great crowd of dancers, and even got one of Susi's famous interpretive dances in there. It was way fun.

Not much else to report. I'm going to Page this weekend (hopefully) to see my grandma. Other than that, life is GOOD! :)

I leave you with the lyrics for a song that I all but forgot about. It's an oldie but goodie...

Love You Down - INOJ

It never really mattered too much to me.
That you were just too damned old for me.
All that really mattered was you were my boyfriend.
And babe, that's all that mattered to me.

Let me love you down, even if it takes all night.
Let me love you down, you know it's gonna be so right.

Remember when you drove me home from work.
I love the way you kiss me bye. Mmmm....
All of your friends think I'm just too young for you.
So tell em I can do what girls their age can do. Oh babe ...

Let me love you down, even if it takes all night.
Let me love you down, you know it's gonna be so right.
Let me love you down, even if it takes all night.
Let me love you down, you know it's gonna be so right. Oh....

It never really mattered too much to me.
That they were just too damn blind to see .
As long as I could love you down, baby just be my man.
That's all that mattered to me.

Let me love you down, even if it takes all night.
Let me love you down, you know it's got to be so right.
Let me love you down, Ooooooo
Let me love you down, I know, I know, I could.
Love you, down, down, Ooooooo
Love you down, down,Know,Know,Know,Know,Know,Know,Know,
Let me love you, I wanna love you, Down.
Let me love you, I wanna love you, Down babe.

6 comments:

Leonani said...

Man! That poor bull! Good job on your DJ-ing. That's awesome! I'm super bummed I missed it. :( Good choice of song to end w/. It took me back! I gotta get that song onto my itunes. :)

Susi said...

I thought you sprained your ankle chasing after that robber! Hahaha! :) What a great tune...now I'll be singing it all day. Ummm...thanks Karyn.

leinani45 said...

Whatever. You know you totally love that song. It's AWESOME! And I sprained it while cutting down a tree. It fell on me and Joe Bowcutt came and rescued me just in time. (I was informed of this today at the lunch... ;) )

laninaki said...

Hope your ankle's better! I forgot about that inoj song....I used to blast that jam over and over again.

.kai. said...

i know i'm ancient years late on this, but i hope (and it probably has because i'm really late on this post), that your heel has healed. john sprained his recently, it seriously can bum your trip.

leinani45 said...

it totally does. It's still a little sensitive, but overall getting better. :) Thanks Kaili!!