Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2010!

HAPPY (belated) NEW YEAR!!!!

Wow. It has been FOREVER since I last blogged. I apologize for my busy-ness... and for my laziness. lol.

So, 2010. So far this year has had a lot of action. There are a lot of changes happening, and I have to say that I feel positive about all of them. I'm pretty excited for what's in store for this year. I feel like I actually fit into St. George for the first time since I moved here almost 4 years ago. I am also coming up on 4 years working at the Chamber of Commerce here, and that would make it the longest tenure I've had at any workplace. :)

A lot of you may wonder why I moved to St. George from Hawaii. I mean, it's HAWAII. But, I think that sometimes you get "stuck" in a  given situation when there are limited amounts of people and inspiration. Add that to my grandpa and the fact that I didn't want to be in the same town as my ex, and we have a winning combination.

But, regardless... I'm grateful for my time here. It's been awesome, and I have met a lot of amazing people.

So, just to cap off past posts...

The rest of Hawaii was great! I got to spend time with my brother Josh and his fam.


Aren't they CUTE?!

That is Lilia and Peter-boy. Gotta love their cute faces! Anyway.

As for copyright laws, I think they need to be re-considered.

I know it's sort of a let-down, but that's all I have right now. :) I'm in too good of a mood to rant, and I haven't downloaded the rest of the photos I took in Hawaii. Look at my facebook page in the near future for a photo album. :)

So, on to lyrics. I have been thinking about what song would be good to kick off the new year. Do I go new or old school? Folksy or hard edge? It has been a hard decision. I finally had to depend on iTunes' shuffling capabilities to pick one off my play-list simply entitled: "awesome." So, here it is. Another classic favorite of mine... and can I say that Neil Pearth is one of the best drummers of all time???

Tom Sawyer
--Rush

A modern-day warrior

Mean, mean stride.
Today's Tom Sawyer
Mean, mean pride.

Though his mind is not for rent,
Don't put him down as arrogant.
His reserve, a quiet defense,
Riding out the day's events
The river!

And what you say about his company
is what you say about society.
Catch the mist, catch the myth
Catch the mystery, catch the drift.

The world as the world is.
Love and life are deep...
Maybe as his eyes are wide.

Today's Tom Sawyer,
He gets high on you
And the space he invades
He gets by on you.

No, his mind is not for rent
To any god or government.
Always hopeful, yet discontent.
He knows changes aren't permanent,
But change is.

And what you say about his company
Is what you say about society.
Catch the witness, catch the wit.
Catch the spirit, catch the spit.

The world as the world is.
Love and life are deep...
Maybe as his eyes are wide.

Exit the warrior
Today's Tom Sawyer
He get's high on you
And the energy your trade,
He gets right on you
The friction of the day.

2 comments:

laninaki said...

I shamefacedly admit that I've never listened to Rush. Like, EVER. What's your beef with copyright laws? I wished I'd known about it last weekend...it's a subject that, sadly, interests me. :)

leinani45 said...

lol. I blogged about it a couple of months ago. My friend sent me a video about "sampling" and "remixing." It was way interesting. It's all good. We can talk about it the next time you're down. ;)