Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fiftieth Post

So... this is my 50th post!!! :)

WOO HOO!!!

Can you believe it? Wow. I've been thinking for a couple of days as to what I could post to commemorate this auspicious event. :) So, I found something to write about that is so amazing, I may not do it any justice. I'm actually still contemplating whether or not I want to write about it because I really want you all to see it in the same light I do, and I am unsure I have the wherewithal to properly convey my feelings about it to you.

Let me warm up with some nonsense and then we'll get to the heart of the matter.

Life lately has been pretty good. :) I'm leaving for Hawaii in about a week an a half. Can you believe that??? I'm not sure if I'm even ready to leave yet, but I am definitely ready to see my family. :)

So I have this thing. I tend to not like asking for help when I do something. Call it independence or stupidity, but I always have walked my own path. This was the case with my Thanksgiving dinner. I have been seriously stressing out about it because I feel extremely inadequate when it comes to planning a big dinner like that. However, once I put aside my pride and called my mom, I feel about 1,000 times better about it. --deep breath-- I can do it! :)

Wow. I have to get to the bank! So, here is the main topic of my 50th. Enjoy it, and let me know what you think. It's from one of my favorite websites: Today's Big Thing. All you have to do is CLICK HERE and all your lollipop wishes and candyland dreams will come true. ;) Wait... is that the quote? Eh. I like it... ;)

Random Song Lyric time!!! Ooh, and today is a personal favorite:

Wish you Were Here
by: Pink Floyd

So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from Hell,
Blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field
From a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

Did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
And cold comfort for change?
Did you exchange
A walk on part in the war,
For a lead role in a cage?

How I wish,
How I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl,
Year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

1 comment:

Leonani said...

Yea for fifty! Good job in asking for help! i know its hard cause i dont like asking either, but its true, once you do ask, everything becomes so much easier!