Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'm watching!

Hello all!!!

I just wanted to say that I LOVE watching movies. :) I don't know what it is, but after I watch a good movie I am automatically in a good mood. :)

Movies I want to see in the future:

-Ponyo
-All About Steve
-9
-Up (i know... haven't seen it yet)
-Paper Heart
-Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
-Invention of Lying
-Surrogates
-The Informant
-Amelia
-Astro Boy
-Youth in Revolt
-New Moon
-2012
-Fantastic Mr. Fox
-Planet 51
-Ninja Assassin
-The Lovely Bones
-The Princess and the Frog
-Avatar
-Hachiko: A Dog’s Tale
-The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus
-It’s Complicated
-Sherlock Holmes
-Mr. Nobody
-The Secret of Moonacre
-Up in the Air

:)

I really do love movies... and these are just the "mainstream" ones. I have a whole other list for the indie films I want to see. Which brings me to the point of my post.

I am finally able to go to a movie alone and enjoy myself.

I have a friend that ALWAYS watched movies alone. (I'm assuming since he is now married he has a movie pal. ;) ) I always thought he was strange, but now I see that it wasn't strangeness. It's good to feel comfortable in your own skin. To not care what the outside world thinks of you. I think as a society, we put too high a price on what others think.

What do you think?

Because, truly, that is what matters. No one else can live your life for you. If you want to go somewhere or do something, what are you waiting for? Get out there and do it. If you wait for other people to jump on the band wagon, you'll be waiting all your life. Here is another Dr. Seuss quote:

"Today you are you,
that is truer than true.
There is no one alive
who is youer than you."

Be who you are, and do it on purpose. Don't let others dictate who you are.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh...you need to come back to Hawaii so we can watch all (well, mostly all) these movies together! I haven't watched UP yet either!
By the way, I love that quote or should I just love Dr. Seuss?! ;P

Unknown said...

by the way, I love the background and your new header! LOVE IT!

leinani45 said...

I totally designed it!!! :) Dr. Seuss is the man... it's okay to love him. ;)

Latu said...

I love love love that Dr. Seuss quote. It's just so true.

leinani45 said...

lol. You could say it's truer than true. ;) I watched Up last Friday. It was AMAZING!!!!!

.kai. said...

dr. seuss is seriously the man! and i LOVE your new layout!!!

leinani45 said...

Thanks Kaili!!!